Calculating Frictional Force on a Moving Car on a Slope

In summary, the expert can help with a wide range of topics in physics and can assist with homework by providing explanations, solving practice problems, and offering resources and tips for studying. If a concept or problem is not understood, the expert can break it down and provide further explanation. It is recommended to try solving problems on your own first and use the expert's explanations as a guide. The expert can also help with last-minute homework, but it is advised to seek help earlier for a better understanding of the material and to avoid stress.
draugrslayer

Homework Statement

A 2,254-kg car is moving down a road with a slope of 10 degrees while speeding up at a rate of 1.1 m/s^2. What is the direction and magnitude of the frictional force?
(define positive in the forward direction, i.e., down the slope)?

Homework Equations

ax=μgcos-gsin

The Attempt at a Solution

μ=ax/gcos-gsin 1.1m/9.81(cos10-sin10)=0.138 i keep on getting this answer.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think it would be useful if you provided more details about your attempt. For starters, what does the free body diagram look like?

1. What topics in physics can you help with?

I can help with a wide range of topics in physics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, optics, and modern physics.

2. How can you assist with my physics homework?

I can assist by providing explanations, solving practice problems, and guiding you through the steps to solve a specific homework question. I can also offer resources and tips for studying and understanding the concepts covered in your homework.

3. What if I don't understand a concept or problem in my homework?

If you are struggling to understand a concept or problem in your homework, I can break it down and provide further explanation until you feel confident in your understanding. I can also provide additional practice problems to help reinforce the concept.

4. How can I make sure I am not just copying your answers for my homework?

I encourage you to try solving the problems on your own first and then use my explanations and solutions as a guide. If you are still unsure, I can provide alternative examples or further explanation to help you understand the concept and solve the problem on your own.

5. Can you help me with my physics homework even if it's due soon?

Yes, I can help with your physics homework even if it's due soon. However, it is recommended to seek help earlier to allow enough time for understanding and practicing the concepts. This will also help you avoid last-minute stress and ensure a better understanding of the material.