Velocity of a Dropped Camera on Mars

• Thread starter Casey314stl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the problem involves a robot probe dropping a camera off a 235 m high cliff on Mars, with a free-fall acceleration of 3.7 m/s^2. Using the equation v^2f=v^2i+2aΔd, the velocity with which the camera hits the ground is 41.7013 m/s.
Casey314stl

Homework Statement

A robot probe drops a camera off the rim of
a 235 m high cliff on Mars, where the free-fall
acceleration is 3.7 m/s^2

Find the velocity with which it hits the
ground.
Answer in units of m/s

Homework Equations

v^2f=v^2i+2aΔd

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Casey314stl said:

Homework Statement

A robot probe drops a camera off the rim of
a 235 m high cliff on Mars, where the free-fall
acceleration is 3.7 m/s^2

Find the velocity with which it hits the
ground.
Answer in units of m/s

Homework Equations

v^2f=v^2i+2aΔd

The Attempt at a Solution

If you incude the units, that's correct.

1. How can I solve a physics problem?

Solving a physics problem involves following a systematic approach. First, carefully read and understand the problem and identify the given information. Then, determine what needs to be found and what equations or formulas can be used to solve for it. Next, plug in the values and solve for the unknown. Finally, double check your answer and make sure it is reasonable.

2. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving physics problems?

Some common mistakes to avoid when solving physics problems include using the wrong units, not carefully reading the problem, and not showing all steps in your solution. It is also important to double check your calculations and use appropriate significant figures.

3. How can I improve my understanding of physics concepts?

To improve your understanding of physics concepts, it is important to actively engage with the material. This can include practicing problems, attending lectures and labs, and seeking help from a tutor or teacher. It can also be helpful to connect the concepts to real-world situations to better understand their applications.

4. Can I use a calculator when solving physics problems?

Yes, you can use a calculator when solving physics problems. However, it is important to make sure you are using the correct functions and entering the values correctly. Also, be aware of any limitations or restrictions on the use of calculators for specific exams or assignments.

5. What resources are available for getting help with physics problems?

There are many resources available for getting help with physics problems, including textbooks, online tutorials, and study groups. Your teacher or professor may also have office hours or offer additional review sessions. Additionally, there are many online forums and communities where you can ask for help from other students or experts in the field.