Help with Problems: Solve & Estimate Time Needed

• Thread starter Mateja
  • Start date
In summary, a satellite orbiting Mars 6600 kilometers above the surface will accumulate 80% of the energy from the Sun's radiation that falls on the satellite's solar discs. It will take 2.5 Martian years for the satellite to accumulate this much energy, and after that the satellite will be able to escape the gravitational field of Mars.
Mateja
Can you help me with solving this few problems>

1. Satellite is orbiting above the Mars at 6 600 km above the surface. On the satellite are solar discs who are gathering energy from Sun. If the surface of all discs is 50 m^2, estiamte how much time is enough to satellite gath enough energy to live gravitational field of Mars. How much time (n) satellit orbits the planet for this time? Part of energy that accumulate is 80% of energy of Sun radiation that falles on the discs. Level of orbite, and solar discs of satellite are always normal on direction Mars-Sun. Mmars = 0,64 x 10^24 kg, Rmars = 3 395 km, Msatellite = 3 000 kg, G = 6,67 x 10^-11 Nm^2\kg^2

the rest problems I will post later...

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
This looks like homework so I am moving it. Also, Mateja, you must post what you have done on this so we will know what kind of help you need.

If the surface of all discs is 50 m^2, estiamte how much time is enough to satellite gath enough energy to live gravitational field of Mars.

Enough energy for what? I don't see what the gravitational field has to do with "enough energy" for anything.

Energy that satellit accumulate must be bigger or equal with gravitational potential energy of Mars, so satellit can leave gravitational field of Mars.

Satellit on circuling around the Mars have energy -G*M*m/(2*a) where a is the semimajor axis of orbit = Rmars + h. Than i don't know hot to get energu from sun radiation, but then i probably must multiplie that energy with 0,8 (80%) and equal it with energy -G*M*m/(2*a). From T=2*pi*a/v, v=sqrt G*M/a and n=t/T i get n. i have two problems

1. how to get energy of sun radiation
2. wath will hapen when satellite is in Mars shadow

1. How can I effectively solve problems in a timely manner?

To effectively solve problems, it is important to first understand the problem and its underlying causes. Then, break the problem down into smaller, manageable parts and prioritize them based on their level of importance. Use critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to come up with potential solutions, and then evaluate each solution carefully before implementing it. It is also helpful to set a timeline and specific goals to track progress and estimate the time needed to solve the problem.

2. How do I estimate the time needed to solve a problem?

Estimating the time needed to solve a problem can be a challenge, as it depends on various factors such as the complexity of the problem, available resources, and individual problem-solving skills. One way to estimate time is to break the problem down into smaller tasks and assign a time frame to each task. It is also helpful to consider any potential roadblocks or challenges that may arise and factor those into the estimated time.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid when trying to solve a problem?

Some common mistakes to avoid when solving problems include jumping to conclusions without fully understanding the problem, ignoring potential solutions or perspectives from others, and being too rigid in your thinking. It is also important to avoid procrastination and to not get too overwhelmed by the problem, which can lead to ineffective problem-solving strategies.

4. How can I improve my problem-solving skills?

Problem-solving skills can be improved through practice and by adopting a systematic approach to problem-solving. This includes understanding the problem, brainstorming potential solutions, evaluating the pros and cons of each solution, and selecting the best solution based on the available information. It is also helpful to seek feedback from others and to learn from past experiences.

5. What are some strategies for solving problems collaboratively?

Collaborative problem-solving involves working with others to solve a problem. To effectively solve problems collaboratively, it is important to communicate openly and actively listen to different perspectives. Develop a plan and delegate tasks to each team member based on their strengths and expertise. It is also important to regularly check in and provide updates to ensure everyone is on the same page and working towards a common goal.