1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with Protoboard & connecting ammeters

1. Mar 12, 2004 #1
    Hi,

I'm working on a pre-lab right now, and I'm confused about how to connect an ammeter so that it measures the current going through an individual resistor (where there are two resistors in parallel.)

This is what an empty Protoboard looks like. This is what the circuit I want to create should look like: Circuit Image .

However, I'm not sure how to connect the ammeter so that it measures the current of the individual resistor instead of the total current. (We are not given resistance so we must have the current. We are not allowed to use an ohmmeter at this step of the lab.)

Here's the layout I have so far: Connected Protoboard

But as far as I can see, this only creates this circuit: Not-Quite the circuit I want

Anyone know where I'm going wrong? I'm having trouble seeing where else I could connect the ammeter.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted