1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with self-studying

1. Jul 27, 2014 #1
    Hello,
    I've been studying physics in college for 1 year now and so far I haven't had much difficulties on math subjects (such as calculus and linear algebra). This semester I decided to study some of algebra and I've been having some difficulties reading the book and understanding all by my self. It takes me way too much time compared to other subjects (such as calculus). I related that problem with the fact that I have no lectures at all on the theory, so it's harder just reading and geting it. I'd like to know if there is a helping metod for undertanding of a book.

Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2014 #2
    Which book are you reading? That would help pinpoint your difficulties.

4. Jul 28, 2014 #3
  5. Jul 28, 2014 #4

verty

Homework Helper

I find videos can help a lot, especially the short ones that cover just what you want to know. For example, suppose you are learning about cosets in algebra, watching videos is probably a lot better than reading about them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook