Understanding the Strong Form of Flux Conservation Law

• Thread starter kgottsch
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Flux Form
In summary, the strong form of flux is a concept in physics that measures the amount of energy transferred through a given area in a given amount of time. It is differentiated from the weak form by the intensity of the energy transfer, and is typically measured in units of watts per square meter. Factors such as temperature difference, distance, and material properties can affect the strong form of flux, and understanding it is crucial in various fields of science and engineering.
kgottsch
1. The flux of a conserved quantity can be written
q(x) = -x2 (du/dx)-u
If the source term is f(x) = x, write the strong form of the conservation law.

I know the form of the strong form is : d/dx(c du/dx)+f(x)=0

I have no idea where to begin for this problem. The examples my professor gave us in class don't help at all. I've tried searching elsewhere online for a better explanation, with no luck.
Please help
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Anyone? I still have no idea where to even start.

What is the strong form of flux?

The strong form of flux is a concept in physics that refers to the amount of energy that is emitted or transferred through a given area in a given amount of time. It is often used in discussions of electromagnetism and heat transfer.

What is the difference between strong and weak forms of flux?

The difference between strong and weak forms of flux lies in the intensity of the energy being transferred. The strong form of flux refers to a high intensity of energy transfer, while the weak form refers to a lower intensity.

How is the strong form of flux measured?

The strong form of flux is typically measured in units of watts per square meter (W/m2). This unit indicates the amount of energy being transferred through a given area in a given amount of time.

What factors can affect the strong form of flux?

Several factors can affect the strong form of flux, including the temperature difference between two objects, the distance between the objects, and the properties of the materials involved in the energy transfer.

Why is understanding the strong form of flux important?

Understanding the strong form of flux is important in many fields of science and engineering, including thermodynamics, electromagnetism, and heat transfer. It allows us to predict and control the flow of energy in various systems and processes, making it a fundamental concept in the study of energy and its applications.