What is the Relationship between Thermodynamic Delta and Change in Enthalpy?

In summary, thermodynamic delta, represented by Δ, is a measure of change in a thermodynamic system. It can be calculated using the formula Δ = final state - initial state and is significant in scientific research as it helps us understand and predict system changes. It can be negative, indicating a loss or decrease in energy, temperature, pressure, or volume, and can be used to optimize processes by analyzing the relationship between thermodynamic properties.
asdf1
if d(G/T)=(-H/T^2)dT

then why can it also equal
d( delta G/T)= -delta H/T^2?

Physics news on Phys.org
unless delta=1 then all those things can't be equal.

matt,I think that's a thermodynamic relationship. So delta G signifies the change in Gibbs energy between the initial and final states
ie, delta G = G_f - G_i

The point I was making was that the question is badly written. We shouldn't have to guess what the symbols mean.

sorry about that!
you're right~
it's a thermodynamics relationship, and I'm confused about why the second equation is right...

1. What is thermodynamic delta?

Thermodynamic delta, also known as Δ, represents a change in a thermodynamic system. It is often used to measure changes in energy, temperature, pressure, or volume.

2. How is thermodynamic delta calculated?

Thermodynamic delta can be calculated using the formula Δ = final state - initial state. For example, to calculate the change in energy, you would use the formula ΔE = Efinal - Einitial.

3. What is the significance of thermodynamic delta in scientific research?

Thermodynamic delta is important in scientific research because it helps us understand and predict how a system will change under different conditions. It also allows us to study the relationship between different thermodynamic properties.

4. Can thermodynamic delta be negative?

Yes, thermodynamic delta can be negative. A negative delta indicates that the system has lost energy, decreased in temperature or pressure, or decreased in volume.

5. How can I use thermodynamic delta to optimize a process?

Thermodynamic delta can be used to optimize a process by analyzing how changes in one thermodynamic property affect another. By understanding these relationships, scientists can make adjustments to a process to maximize efficiency and minimize waste.