Expert Distance Assistance: Get Help with Calculating Distances Today!

• Thread starter Melissa P
  • Start date
In summary, Melissa needs to find the distance to calculate the Mean Aerodynamics Chord (MAC) for a wing. The red line in the diagram is not enough information, but the blue line can be used. It is suggested to use a geometric method by finding the centroid of each section of the half-wing to calculate the overall MAC.
Melissa P
TL;DR Summary
Hi!

I´m going to calculate the Mean Aerodynamics Chord MAC but I need the distance of the line in red

How can I calculate?

Please!
borra.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums. :smile:

Is that wing from a particular aircraft? If so, you can probably find the dimensions online somewhere.

Is this question for schoolwork? If so what is the full problem statement. If not, what is the application?

Likes Melissa P
berkeman said:
Welcome to PhysicsForums. :smile:

Is that wing from a particular aircraft? If so, you can probably find the dimensions online somewhere.

Is this question for schoolwork? If so what is the full problem statement. If not, what is the application?
no,I should find this distance
The values aren´t real. Geometry should be used
This is a example for a wing.But,I need that distance to solve the MAC

Melissa P said:
Summary:: Hi!

I´m going to calculate the Mean Aerodynamics Chord MAC but I need the distance of the line in red
There are quite a few red lines in that diagram.
Are you referring to the one labelled cuerda de raiz fisica?
Alternately, is it possible you need to find the length of the line in blue?

Last edited:
Likes russ_watters and berkeman
There is not enough information to find the length of the "cuerda de raiz fisica" line, but there is enough information to find the length of the blue line. Drawing a vertical line down from its left end can help.

Melissa P said:
no,I should find this distance
The values aren´t real. Geometry should be used
This is a example for a wing.But,I need that distance to solve the MAC
Welcome, Melissa! :smile:
There is a geometric method that you could use, first locating the centroid of each section of the half-wing, where the MAC of each section is located at, then finding the MAC that is equivalent for the whole half-wing.

Please, see this example:
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/9511096-post34.html

:cool:

What is Expert Distance Assistance?

Expert Distance Assistance is a service that provides help with calculating distances for various purposes, such as travel, mapping, and surveying. It is designed to assist individuals and businesses in accurately determining distances between two points.

Who can benefit from Expert Distance Assistance?

Anyone who needs to calculate distances for their work or personal use can benefit from Expert Distance Assistance. This includes scientists, engineers, surveyors, cartographers, and travelers.

How does Expert Distance Assistance work?

Expert Distance Assistance uses advanced technology and algorithms to accurately calculate distances between two points. Users can input the coordinates or addresses of their desired locations and the service will provide the distance between them.

What types of distances can be calculated with Expert Distance Assistance?

Expert Distance Assistance can calculate various types of distances, including straight-line distance, driving distance, walking distance, and flight distance. It can also provide the estimated travel time for each type of distance.

Is Expert Distance Assistance accurate?

Yes, Expert Distance Assistance uses precise calculations and up-to-date mapping data to ensure accuracy. However, it is important to note that the results may vary depending on the accuracy of the inputted coordinates or addresses.