Troubleshooting PSPICE Errors: Tips for Simulating Your Graph Successfully

In summary, the individual is having trouble simulating a PSPICE graph and is getting errors related to a lack of connection and incorrect units and notation. They are looking for help with fixing these issues.
metennisman27
i am trying to simulate this pspice graph. i keep getting these errors. i can not figure out how to fix.. please help

Attachments

• pspice problems.PNG
    pspice problems.PNG
    51.6 KB · Views: 164
  • pspice problems_a.PNG
    pspice problems_a.PNG
    37.9 KB · Views: 157
Engineering news on Phys.org
metennisman27 said:
i am trying to simulate this pspice graph. i keep getting these errors. i can not figure out how to fix.. please help
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Can you say more about what you are trying to simulate, and what errors you are getting? Thanks.

Looks like no connection between signal Vf and the top wire of C1.

Welcome to PF.
I question the directive line; .AC DEC 1000 100Hz 10MHz
Units should not be included in values.
In standard spice, milli is; m = M = 1e-3, while MEG = 1e6.
Try; .AC DEC 1000 100 10MEG

The second error is probably due to the use of "x" for multiply rather than "*".
Rather than "10x10^-9s" You may need to use something more like "10e-9*s"

• Informative
Likes berkeman

1. What is PSPICE and why is it used?

PSPICE is a computer program used for simulating electronic circuits. It is commonly used by scientists and engineers to design and test circuits before physically building them. This helps save time and resources by identifying potential errors or problems before the circuit is actually constructed.

2. What are some common errors encountered while using PSPICE?

Some common errors include syntax errors, convergence errors, and incorrect component values. These errors can occur due to typos in the code, improper simulation settings, or incorrect component parameters.

3. How can I troubleshoot PSPICE errors?

The first step is to carefully review the error message and try to identify the source of the error. This could involve checking for typos, verifying component values, or adjusting simulation settings. It may also be helpful to consult online forums or reach out to colleagues for assistance.

4. What are some tips for simulating graphs successfully in PSPICE?

One tip is to start with a simple circuit and gradually add complexity. This can help pinpoint the source of any errors and make troubleshooting easier. It is also important to use realistic component values and to double check all connections and parameters.

5. Are there any resources available for learning more about troubleshooting PSPICE errors?

Yes, there are many online tutorials, forums, and user guides available for learning more about PSPICE and troubleshooting errors. Additionally, many universities and organizations offer workshops or courses on using PSPICE for circuit simulation.