Help Find C(x,y) for Triangle A(0,0) AB=4 BC=3 AC=5

• Thread starter tukilala
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Triangle
In summary, C(x,y) represents the coordinates of point C in a triangle with points A(0,0), B, and C where AB=4, BC=3, and AC=5. To find the coordinates of point C, you can use the Pythagorean theorem or the distance formula. Other methods such as trigonometric functions can also be used. There is no specific order to label the points in this triangle, but consistency is important. Finding missing coordinates in a triangle has practical applications in various fields such as engineering, architecture, navigation, and everyday tasks.
tukilala
A(0,0)
and i know that AB=4 BC=3 AC =5
BC goes diagonally downward into the direction of the third "quadrant".

how can i find C(x,y) ? thnx

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

tukilala said:
A(0,0)
and i know that AB=4 BC=3 AC =5
BC goes diagonally downward into the direction of the third "quadrant".

how can i find C(x,y) ? thnx

Hi tukilala! Welcome to PF! :smile:

Well, for a start, it's a 3,4,5 triangle …

so the angle at B is … ? :wink:

200 degrees

tukilala said:
200 degrees

show us how you calculated that :wink:

What is C(x,y) in this triangle?

C(x,y) represents the coordinates of point C in the given triangle A(0,0) AB=4 BC=3 AC=5.

How do I find the coordinates of point C?

To find the coordinates of point C, you can use the Pythagorean theorem or the distance formula to solve for the missing coordinate. First, you will need to plot points A and B on a coordinate plane. Then, you can use the given lengths of the sides to determine the distance between points A and B. Once you have this distance, you can use it as one side of a right triangle and use the Pythagorean theorem or the distance formula to find the missing coordinate of point C.

Can I use any other methods to find the coordinates of point C?

Yes, there are other methods that can be used to find the coordinates of point C. For example, you can also use trigonometric functions such as sine, cosine, or tangent to find the missing coordinate. However, these methods may require additional information about the triangle, such as angles or other side lengths.

Is there a specific order to label the points in this triangle?

No, there is no specific order to label the points in this triangle. However, it is important to be consistent and make sure that the points are labeled in the same order when using formulas or equations to find the missing coordinate.

What are some real-life applications of finding missing coordinates in a triangle?

Finding missing coordinates in a triangle can be useful in various fields such as engineering, architecture, and navigation. For example, engineers may use this information to design structures or calculate distances, and pilots may use it to navigate their aircraft. It can also be used in everyday tasks such as measuring distances on a map or finding the location of a point on a coordinate plane.