1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with using non-standard Windows fonts in Latex

1. Mar 19, 2010 #1
    (Not sure if this is the right forum, but if the admins find a more appropriate one, please do move it over).

Alright, fellow Scientists and Engineers.

I have a Latex question here for you.

I use TexWorks and Lyx when I want to work on Latex, the former when I have .tex templates that Lyx wont import well; the latter when I can use Lyx's templates.

Anyway, I have some beautiful Adobe fonts that I discovered in Adobe Reader's Resources folder (I use Win 7) - Minion Pro, etc, that I'd like to use in my latex documents. Try as I might, I simply can't seem to find a straightforward way to use those fonts in my tex documents, or any other Windows fonts.

I don't fully comprehend the range of technicalities involved with using fonts - every webpage that is potentially helpful seems to feel the need to explain the basics of fonts in general - tl;dr them.

Again, I use TexWorks, which accepts standard Latex commands. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, is someone aware of a popular latex forum like Physicsforum?

Danke!

2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted