Helpful books to learn physics?

In summary, the speaker is a freshman majoring in physics and is struggling to understand the concepts in their current chapters. They feel confident with the basics but need help with more difficult problems. They will be learning classical mechanics next quarter and hope to improve their skills over break. They are open to any suggestions or resources that can help them.
Galactium
Hello, I am currently a freshman majoring in physics. I am having trouble trying to understand the concepts of the chapters. I understand the basics, but I just need that extra push to do harder problems. I am currently learning classical mechanics next quarter I will be learning Electromagnetism. I want to be able to work problems over my break and hopefully improve my physics skills. Anything will help, thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Galactium said:
Hello, I am currently a freshman majoring in physics. I am having trouble trying to understand the concepts of the chapters. I understand the basics, but I just need that extra push to do harder problems. I am currently learning classical mechanics next quarter I will be learning Electromagnetism. I want to be able to work problems over my break and hopefully improve my physics skills. Anything will help, thanks.

What book are you using right now?

1. What are the best books to learn physics?

The best books to learn physics will vary depending on your level of knowledge and the specific area of physics you are interested in. Some popular options include "Concepts of Modern Physics" by Arthur Beiser, "Fundamentals of Physics" by David Halliday and Robert Resnick, and "Introduction to Quantum Mechanics" by David J. Griffiths.

2. Are there any online resources for learning physics?

Yes, there are many online resources available for learning physics. Some popular options include Khan Academy, Coursera, and MIT OpenCourseWare. These websites offer free courses, lectures, and videos on various topics in physics.

3. How can I improve my understanding of physics through books?

To improve your understanding of physics through books, it is important to choose a book that is appropriate for your level of knowledge and to actively engage with the material. This can include taking notes, completing practice problems, and seeking additional resources or explanations for concepts that may be difficult to grasp.

4. Are there any books specifically for beginners in physics?

Yes, there are many books specifically designed for beginners in physics. Some popular options include "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Paul A. Tipler and Gene Mosca, "Physics: Principles with Applications" by Douglas C. Giancoli, and "Schaum's Outline of College Physics" by Frederick J. Bueche and Eugene Hecht.

5. Can I learn advanced physics concepts through books?

Yes, it is possible to learn advanced physics concepts through books. However, it is important to have a strong foundation in basic physics principles before attempting to tackle advanced concepts. It is also beneficial to supplement your learning with hands-on experiments and discussions with experts in the field.