Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Henri Reactions

1. Oct 5, 2013 #1
    Hard Question.jpg

Can you guys help with this question? i don't even know where to begin! *Cries*

Thanks! I have a test tomorrow and need to learn how to do this type of question!

CHEERS!!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 5, 2013 #2
    Chemistry. Wonderful. :rofl:

We're all going to be mathematicians here, so if you could define the terms in the problem for us, we can help you. I don't know what methods you're being asked to use to solve the ODE, but I'd be happy to help when I do.

4. Oct 5, 2013 #3

epenguin

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

But in biochemistry it is so elementary that it is certainly in your textbook.

We here only deal with difficulties arising from textbooks, we don't write them - they are surely written better than we would do offhand.

It is not a differential equation question so wrong forum, I only saw it by pure accident. It is not even a calculus question.

You need to know, if you can't imagine, what a steady state is, and that allows you to convert a mechanism into an equation. You surely know what an equilibrium is? In this context where they mention equilibrium they are talking about the special case where the catalytic rate is slow enough that to good approximation the enzyme-substrate complex can be considered in equilibrium with free enzyme and substrate. You can also consider, as I'm sure your book explains, the substrate concentration to be much higher than that of enzyme, and not to change (again an approximation) during the time of reaction.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook