Here a Czar, there a Czar, everywhere a Czar Czar

• News
  • Thread starter WhoWee
  • Start date
Jasongreat
That's a power of the executive branch? Obama's responsibilities being given to someone else?
No its not a power of the executive, IMHO thats even worse than delegating his reponsibilities, hes delegating power he doesnt and wasnt supposed to have. It seems to me you are arguing that since he is not delegating his power, but inventing power and giving that power away,it is all right for him to do so.

U.S. Constitution, Article II, section 2, subpart 2 states:

He shall have power, by and with the advice and consent of the senate, to make treaties, provided 2/3 of the senators present concur; and he shall nominate, by and with the advice and consent of the senate,shall appoint ambassadors, other ministers and consuls, judges of the supreme court, and all other officers not herein provided for,and which shall be provided for by law: but the congress may by law, vest the appointment of such inferior officers, as they think proper, in the president alone, in the courts of law, or in the heads of departments.

It seems the framers didnt trust the executive branch too much, since everything listed in this section has to be approved by the legislative branch, either by the senate giving thier advise and consent, or by congress passing a law giving consent that way. So if you can show me the law that says he can appoint czars without consent, executive orders excluded, or the advice of the senate, I guess I would have to agree that there is nothing wrong with him appointing czars, until then I am of the opinion he(and quite a few other presidents) have overstepped the bounds of the constitution. If there is a law, that gives any president a blank check to make up offices and fill them with whoever he wants, then I guess my problems with executives overstepping the bounds of the constitution will have to be re-focused on the legislative, and maybe even the judicial branches, since by allowing the executive to over step, the others branches are not fulfilling thier duties to check and balance each other. Also, I would have to say that the people arent doing thier duty to keep the government in check either, if they allowed that law to pass, with no political consequences.