Here comes Irene

• Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I don't know if the forecasters are being optimistic with that "jog" in Katia's predicted path or not.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hurricanecentral/tracker
Well Katia is supposed to turn north while SE or ESE of Hatteras. Hopely it will keep turning out to the NE well south of LI.

We're supposed to be getting remnants of Lee. It will be interesting to see the effect of Lee on Katia.

It would also be unfortunate if Katia hugs the east coast.

turbo
Gold Member
It would also be unfortunate if Katia hugs the east coast.
That's for sure! Our roads and bridges are already in poor shape from Irene.

turbo
Gold Member
This post could be titled "Baby, it's wet outside!" The "scattered showers" that were forecast for today have been non-stop rain and the already-saturated soil is too soft to anchor tree roots properly. There is just a hint of a breeze (at times), but the Anson fire department has been called out for a tree that has toppled onto power lines and is on fire.

My garden is soaked, my backyard pond is pretty full, though not yet overflowing, but enough already! I haven't been able to tend to my mowing and trimming on the few relatively dry days that we have had, because I'm still throwing in firewood for the 2012-2013 season. If the lawn gets much taller, I may have to consider borrowing a bush-hog for my Kubota. :/

The ground here was saturated before Irene came. Irene flooded the town and Lee dumped a lot of rain here. If Maria swings by to take a shot at us we may sink altogether.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The ground here was saturated before Irene came. Irene flooded the town and Lee dumped a lot of rain here. If Maria swings by to take a shot at us we may sink altogether.

How do you solve a problem like Maria?

How do you solve a problem like Maria?
How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?

turbo
Gold Member
A flibbertijibbet, for sure.