Here in australia

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Townsend said:
Be happy you don't have to use a squatter style.....

FYI...if you ever go to Bahrain or the UAE make sure you bring some TP with you. A lot of the toilets there will be squatters and a significant number of them do not have a sprayer. And even if they do have a sprayer...I would not recommend you use it....

in-dlh5.jpg

Ok, I am done.
See, this here is proof of why vacation photos are cool! How many people would think to take a picture of their toilet to post? Yet toilet design varies considerably around the world, and those planning trips are best forewarned of such variations. (I was thankful for the warning to bring my own TP to Poland when I visited there years ago...in many public bathrooms, you had to pay an attendant by the sheet to get TP, and what they offered was brown and rough, just like the cheap, not too absorbent, paper towels you'll find in US bathrooms.)

One of my colleagues visited Japan a number of years ago with her daughter, and her daughter's school only allowed her to miss that much school if she agreed to write a report and do a show-and-tell type presentation about Japan when she returned. My colleague told me she was just dying laughing when she saw what her daughter put into her presentation...of all the things there are to write about Japan and Japanese culture, her presentation started off with the squatter toilets, which absolutely fascinated her.

I have to say, from a woman's perspective, they make a heck of a lot more sense in a public restroom than the type of toilet intended to be sat upon since women will never actually sit on a public toilet and instead attempt to "hover." It also begins to fit in with the women in some countries preferring skirts/dresses in public (regardless of their religious requirements), because it seems far easier to hike up a skirt to use one of those than to deal with keeping pants from touching the floor.

JamesU

Gold Member
I'm back. I don't ha2ve the pics on the computer yet, I'll put them on soon. The flight was easier this time. I'm just tired....

JamesU

Gold Member
okay, not in the center...

I love the little white dot photo of you! What a great way to make a comparison of size! Uluru from the sky is good too.
Glad you made it home ok, the jet lag can be a killer. Did you bring back any goodies for yourself?

JamesU

Gold Member
yep. my dad always gets about 1,000 souveniers on any trip we take... :rolleyes:

oh your lucky, my dad convinced us that rocks were good souveniers, :grumpy: so while the other kids got all the cool toys/dolls, I schlepe home bags of rocks.

JamesU

Gold Member
rocks are......good..... :uhh: