Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hermitian form

1. Jan 27, 2012 #1
    hi, i don't have the expression, but my problem is this: in the article of Velo-Zwanzinger appears a step... passing from a equation to other which they call the hermitian form. i going to explain it... this form contains the original form...but appear an extra term..i suppose that it's the hermitian conjugated from the anterior form..so if add the conjugated to the original...i have the hermitian form...is that true??

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 27, 2012 #2

strangerep

Science Advisor

Since you're new here, you should probably read the posting guidelines first.
    You're more likely to get a useful answer if you:

(a) cite specific references,

(b) include more context in your question (including some formulas or equations in latex if you're asking about some math),

(c) Use complete English sentences. (Even though you're apparently not a native English speaker, I think you could compose your question better than the above.)

4. Jan 31, 2012 #3
    well...i'm new here..and i'm not a native english speaker..so i just want to tell me about hermitian form... how can i put into hermitian form a motion equation... i think i don't have to include the equation ('cause it's large)..just explain me (if you can, course)...
    i'm studying the rarita-schwinger equation for particles with s=3/2... when i consider an interaction with an electromagnetic field... (velo-zwanzinger problem) the expression changes to a complicated form...i don't have my eq. but ..can you explain me...why do i have to put into hermitian form a motion equation?.
    sorry for my english...i'm not a very good writer..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook