Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Heros Reborn

1. Jan 25, 2016 #1
    I really like the original series, but the reborn reboot is moving way too slow, 8 episodes in and its already lost its steam. For a 13 part mini-series it is very disappointing compared to the original. It also neglects the old story line the original series left off at.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 25, 2016 #2

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Agreed. Lost interest.

Apparently it's been canceled so I guess we're no the only ones...

4. Jan 26, 2016 #3
    Yeah Kring phoned this one in, apparently this last episode was the final episode and it ended (according to Kring) the way he always intended it too. But he also said he left enough room for the network to pick it back up if they wanted the show for another season. The phrase when hell freezes over comes to mind.

5. Feb 8, 2016 #4
    I just watched the pilot (2 episodes)
    I was good, not great. Worth watching the rest of it?? I miss Hiro :(

6. Feb 8, 2016 #5

rcgldr

Homework Helper

The early episodes didn't seem to be making much progress in the story. You could watch the last 2 or 3 episodes to see how it ends. I don't know about "left enough room" to pick up the series, since there's an actual ending, so for a new series there would have to be yet another crisis that only the EVO's could deal with.

7. Feb 8, 2016 #6

DaveC426913

Gold Member

When you have a timer traveller in play, plot hooks are a snap.

8. Feb 9, 2016 #7
    Krings concept for the miniseries would have been better had they included more of the original characters (syler and Peter) moved the story at a faster pace and if he had worked in where the original left off. Maybe make syler the reluctant Hero, But it doesn't, only a few of the originals make it in the script. Hiro makes a brief appearance. Matt Parkman becomes a villain, Mica is in a bit part so is Miss Patrellie. Noah Bennett plays a main character and it moves way to slow to grab your attention to get you into the story so you'll keep watching . I watched the whole thing hoping it would get better and I just couldn't get into it. For me it was an epic failure.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook