Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hey admin

1. Jan 20, 2005 #1
    hey admin :)

hey greg, it's stephen, sup man. :bugeye:
    how to you like vbulletin honestly? i need to upgrade my crap but fairly popular forum and i want to get your opinion.... since you've been runnin' this message board mafia for so long ;)

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2005 #2
    thank you for the placement ;)

4. Jan 20, 2005 #3
    stephen!!!!!! wow, great to see your still around! :smile:

vb is the best hands down, get it!

5. Jan 20, 2005 #4

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Nice to see an old former member :biggrin: Welcome back, how long are you gonna stick around? :cool:

6. Jan 21, 2005 #5
    as long as people in philosophy intrest me i ASSume. :p well, that must mean i'm always at least a'lurkin eh? :)

So greg, remember the olden days when men were men..... and they were all scared of lifegazer?

7. Jan 21, 2005 #6
    hey hey hey, this place looks great... ive been diggin about a bit and this software is ppppppretty nice.

will i be able to transfer my topics and stuff over from smf you think? or is it a fresh start thing... i don't know if i can handle that. :eek:

8. Jan 21, 2005 #7
    What software are you using now? Vb has converters for the top 10 or so softwares.

9. Jan 21, 2005 #8

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I weren't scared. :cool:

Howdy Stephen, welcome back. :smile:

10. Jan 22, 2005 #9
    tom from ny?!?!?! tom Wow... and a super mentor even... :)

greg, simple machines forum ...http://www.discgolfforum.com

maybe i should start a new 'disc golf' topic in general discussion to see if popularity of the sport has grown. I remember the topic i started in pf2 had about 4 responses and 2 were me talking to myself. :)

11. Jan 22, 2005 #10
    i love the new flash(?) banner along top too.

Also... "bernhardt media", ... :) very nice. Im making waves in disc golf information exchange pretty big.

Also, i joined talkroot but i dont see a confirmation mail... i'm REALLY interested in that board.

12. Jan 22, 2005 #11
    Yeah I remember you making that forum now. I actually went disc golfing a couple times with my hippie friend :smile: I don't think vb has a converter for sm, it's not that common.

13. Jan 22, 2005 #12
    i cut off my dreads :) they were getting too heavy... i almost felt headless(lol that was a lil fslip eh?) for a day. http://dgdisc.com/dgdisc/discwing_quarter_k_disc_golf_di.html there is a pic of me there down bottom right with the disc i started a topic about in the aerospace engineering forum called 'disc-wing'

14. Jan 22, 2005 #13

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The one and only. :cool:

I had Greg add my last name this past year, and I swapped Jimi Hendrix for Super 400. But other than that, it's still just me.

15. Jan 22, 2005 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you're someone just returning from a former PF life, you don't know me yet, so hi!

But if you start a thread on disc golf, I'll be forced to grumble about the extreme lack of wisdom at the university I attended in installing the disc golf course weaving around the pedestrian/bike paths through campus! I had a friend who got beaned in the head pretty good with one of those discs. For the rest of us, it was like dodge ball all over again, but with harder, faster projectiles! :grumpy:

16. Jan 22, 2005 #15
    Hello Stephen,
    Do you remember who pigeonholed him as a mystic using his own words? :biggrin:

Marley, huh? I assume the father more than the son?

Take care,
    -BH

17. Jan 23, 2005 #16

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Not just a PF life, but a PF Mentorship. Stephen was the Theoretical Physics Mentor before Janus (before we broke up the Physics section into so many subsections).

He's also the guy who nominated me for a staff position. :approve:

18. Jan 23, 2005 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, then we all must thank Stephen for his wisdom and foresight in making such an excellent nomination. [/buttering up] :biggrin: So, where do PF Mentors go when they leave? And this means mentors are allowed to leave and choose to do so? Say it ain't so!! :cry: :rofl:

19. Jan 23, 2005 #18
    How did Stephen get out of his cage, Tom you were in charge of staff shackles!?!?!?!? :tongue2: :biggrin:

20. Jan 23, 2005 #19

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

He said, "Hey, look over there! A crackpot on the loose!"

By the time I realized it was a ruse, he was gone. :frown:

21. Jan 24, 2005 #20
    *BLUSHES* hehe, they already hate me in philo again bacause i'm an a$$$$$! :)
    *moonwalks*
    ooops, sorry, gettin a lil carried away. Hey moonie! thanks for the discuss in the world airport topic, so interesting imo.

Yes, my lack of mental facility is made up for with PURE BLIND LUCK. I just knew i had the hardest time understanding TOM's posts... so i knew he was the smartest.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?