Greg & Stephen Discuss VBulletin

• Thread starter marley.wannabee
  • Start date
In summary, Stephen is a long-time member of the forum and discusses his thoughts on various software and forum topics. He says he'll stay as long as people in philosophy interest him. He also says he's been using Vb for a while now and it's the best forum software. He also goes on to say that he's cut his hair off and is now a hippie. Finally, he says that he nominated someone for a staff position and didn't receive a confirmation mail.
marley.wannabee
hey admin :)

hey greg, it's stephen, sup man. :bugeye:
how to you like vbulletin honestly? i need to upgrade my crap but fairly popular forum and i want to get your opinion... since you've been runnin' this message board mafia for so long ;)

Physics news on Phys.org
thank you for the placement ;)

stephen! wow, great to see your still around! :smile:

vb is the best hands down, get it!

Nice to see an old former member :biggrin: Welcome back, how long are you going to stick around? :cool:

as long as people in philosophy interest me i ASSume. :p well, that must mean I'm always at least a'lurkin eh? :)

So greg, remember the olden days when men were men... and they were all scared of lifegazer?

hey hey hey, this place looks great... I've been diggin about a bit and this software is ppppppretty nice.

will i be able to transfer my topics and stuff over from smf you think? or is it a fresh start thing... i don't know if i can handle that. :eek:

marley.wannabee said:
will i be able to transfer my topics and stuff over from smf you think? or is it a fresh start thing... i don't know if i can handle that. :eek:

What software are you using now? Vb has converters for the top 10 or so softwares.

marley.wannabee said:
and they were all scared of lifegazer?

I weren't scared. :cool:

Howdy Stephen, welcome back. :smile:

tom from ny?! tom Wow... and a super mentor even... :)

greg, simple machines forum ...http://www.discgolfforum.com

maybe i should start a new 'disc golf' topic in general discussion to see if popularity of the sport has grown. I remember the topic i started in pf2 had about 4 responses and 2 were me talking to myself. :)

i love the new flash(?) banner along top too.

Also... "bernhardt media", ... :) very nice. I am making waves in disc golf information exchange pretty big.

Also, i joined talkroot but i don't see a confirmation mail... I'm REALLY interested in that board.

Yeah I remember you making that forum now. I actually went disc golfing a couple times with my hippie friend :smile: I don't think vb has a converter for sm, it's not that common.

i cut off my dreads :) they were getting too heavy... i almost felt headless(lol that was a lil fslip eh?) for a day. http://dgdisc.com/dgdisc/discwing_quarter_k_disc_golf_di.html [Broken] there is a pic of me there down bottom right with the disc i started a topic about in the aerospace engineering forum called 'disc-wing'

Last edited by a moderator:
marley.wannabee said:
tom from ny?! tom Wow... and a super mentor even... :)

The one and only. :cool:

I had Greg add my last name this past year, and I swapped Jimi Hendrix for Super 400. But other than that, it's still just me.

marley.wannabee said:
maybe i should start a new 'disc golf' topic in general discussion to see if popularity of the sport has grown. I remember the topic i started in pf2 had about 4 responses and 2 were me talking to myself. :)

If you're someone just returning from a former PF life, you don't know me yet, so hi!

But if you start a thread on disc golf, I'll be forced to grumble about the extreme lack of wisdom at the university I attended in installing the disc golf course weaving around the pedestrian/bike paths through campus! I had a friend who got beaned in the head pretty good with one of those discs. For the rest of us, it was like dodge ball all over again, but with harder, faster projectiles! :grumpy:

marley.wannabee said:
So greg, remember the olden days when men were men... and they were all scared of lifegazer?
Hello Stephen,
Do you remember who pigeonholed him as a mystic using his own words? :biggrin:

Marley, huh? I assume the father more than the son?

Take care,
-BH

Moonbear said:
If you're someone just returning from a former PF life, you don't know me yet, so hi!

Not just a PF life, but a PF Mentorship. Stephen was the Theoretical Physics Mentor before Janus (before we broke up the Physics section into so many subsections).

He's also the guy who nominated me for a staff position. :approve:

Tom Mattson said:
Not just a PF life, but a PF Mentorship. Stephen was the Theoretical Physics Mentor before Janus (before we broke up the Physics section into so many subsections).

He's also the guy who nominated me for a staff position. :approve:

Well, then we all must thank Stephen for his wisdom and foresight in making such an excellent nomination. [/buttering up] :biggrin: So, where do PF Mentors go when they leave? And this means mentors are allowed to leave and choose to do so? Say it ain't so! :cry: :rofl:

Moonbear said:
And this means mentors are allowed to leave and choose to do so? Say it ain't so! :cry: :rofl:

How did Stephen get out of his cage, Tom you were in charge of staff shackles? :tongue2: :biggrin:

He said, "Hey, look over there! A crackpot on the loose!"

By the time I realized it was a ruse, he was gone. :frown:

*BLUSHES* hehe, they already hate me in philo again bacause I'm an a$$$$$! :)
*moonwalks*
ooops, sorry, gettin a lil carried away. Hey moonie! thanks for the discuss in the world airport topic, so interesting imo.

Yes, my lack of mental facility is made up for with PURE BLIND LUCK. I just knew i had the hardest time understanding TOM's posts... so i knew he was the smartest.

BoulderHead said:
Hello Stephen,
Do you remember who pigeonholed him as a mystic using his own words? :biggrin:

Marley, huh? I assume the father more than the son?

Take care,
-BH
Actually i like ziggy too... he's underrated and just tears up the stage live.
Of course bob is the MAN. Bob marley is the first 'gangsta' musician imo. So honest... brutally honest. Even for his reported faults(everyone has those) he is still one of the most pure honest and amazing musicians... ever.

1264 users online at one time?? jeeez, you must have had "shelob" crawlin around here that night?

stephen is the reason why I found out about PF :approve:

marley.wannabee said:
Actually i like ziggy too... he's underrated and just tears up the stage live.
His Dragonfly album I thought lacked something found in earlier material, but I have implied perhaps some dislike of his work when in fact I do very much enjoy same.
Of course bob is the MAN. Bob marley is the first 'gangsta' musician imo. So honest... brutally honest. Even for his reported faults(everyone has those) he is still one of the most pure honest and amazing musicians... ever.
Bob Marley was surely a musical genius, imho. I still listen to his works occasionally even today and I have quite an extensive library of material from this artist. Changing gear somewhat, The Mighty Sparrow is a Calypso musician I have enjoyed since his early days and still tours regularly.
http://www.mightysparrow.com/
Putting forth risqué lyrics for the times, I found him a particular delight. Songs such as: Mr. Walker, Lying Excuses, Witch Doctor, Jean and Dinah, and Melda I could recommend.

Mr. Winston Rodney, of Burning Spear fame, is a dynamite artist himself.
http://www.burning-spear.com/ [Broken]

But enough of this, for it has wet my musical appetite so I’m off to spin some vinyl !

Last edited by a moderator:
hehe, topic digresion into reggae, *melikes* I listen to bob live at the roxy just about every day... I'm lucky to work at home so... it's all good. I'll check those reccomends out for sure. I don't know if 'president brown' has a wabsite... but he has some bada$$ reggae.

Yeah, pf got lucky when i suckered ker into joining. She has 1/2 of the hardest job in the forum... philo

Stephen, please do the honors of posting Bob Marley in the thread - Favorite Frontman? in General Disussion forum.

We left out reggae.

marley.wannabee said:
*BLUSHES* hehe, they already hate me in philo again bacause I'm an a$$$$$! :)

Well, you didn't used to be. I remember really liking Stephen's posts in PF2...

Oh, and lifegazer wasn't the only one we were afraid of. Remember Alexander? Both of them subjects for my "hurdles" threads, and both eventually banned. Oh, great, now I'm nostalgic...I think I'm going to cry :cry:.

Well, lifegazer is currently haunting the JREF boards. You could always go visit him there. :tongue2:

Tom Mattson said:
Well, lifegazer is currently haunting the JREF boards. You could always go visit him there. :tongue2:

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't miss "THE MIND" in the slightest...I'm just a little nostalgic for the old arguments.

well, some people think I'm an a$$, so.. i give them the benifit of the doubt :)
Alexander, oh yes i do. I argued with him about the 'reality' of what 'numbers' may be and i was never really satisfied that he answered my questions to him, so i stopped bothering.

Mentat said:
Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't miss "THE MIND" in the slightest...I'm just a little nostalgic for the old arguments.

I'm not, try having to wade through all that garbage.

Kerrie said:
I'm not, try having to wade through all that garbage.

I have always admired your patience and diligence in that regard (as well as in the case of Alexander, which went on even longer, IIRC).

some people REALLY admire numbers

1. What is VBulletin?

VBulletin is a commercial software used to create and manage online forums and communities. It was first released in 2000 and has since become one of the most popular forum software options.

2. Who are Greg and Stephen?

Greg and Stephen are the co-founders of VBulletin. They created the software in 2000 and continue to lead the company today.

3. How does VBulletin compare to other forum software?

VBulletin offers a range of features and customization options that make it a popular choice for online communities. It is known for its user-friendly interface and frequent updates and improvements.

4. Can VBulletin be used for any type of forum or community?

Yes, VBulletin can be used for a variety of forums and communities, including those focused on specific interests, businesses, or organizations. It offers flexibility and customization options to fit the needs of different communities.

5. Is VBulletin suitable for large forums with a high number of users?

Yes, VBulletin is designed to handle large forums and can support a high number of users. It has features such as server-side caching and optimized database queries to ensure smooth performance even with a large user base.