Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hey all

1. Jul 12, 2006 #1
    i finally had a moment so i thought i'd stop in and say how's it goin. i haven't been around much, i know, but i lurk when i have a little spare time. i'm waiting for a photography contest that showcases my camp photos. how's everyone and all that? i have an hour or so tonight to try and catch up on things... i'm sure that'll be enough... :rolleyes: someone let me know what the wonderful world of pf has been upto lately.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 12, 2006 #2
    Hey gale, hope all is well.

4. Jul 12, 2006 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome Back Gale! So, are you currently in NH or AZ? I know your plans were to spend the summer in AZ, but we haven't heard from you in so long, I don't know if you made it there.

5. Jul 12, 2006 #4
    oh yes, i'm very much in AZ. turns out i was even accepted into ASU, so if i can get the money (which is so far unlikely) i'll be going to school here this semester. even if i'm not in school, i've found an apt, and i'm going job hunting this weekend. i'm in it for the long haul. i'm loving it out here. i don't mind the heat one bit, except that i'm super tan. Camp is gorgeous, i love the kids and playing around all day. i'm a canoe instructor, so i'm pretty much swimming and paddling all day long. i smell bad from being in the lake all day, but its a good time. i've had some issues and bumps along the way, but i'm real excited with everything i've done for myself. Yay me!

Oh, plus yall should've seen me at limbo the other night, i beat almost 100 little girls. came in second place!

anyway, yep, all is well. i get out at the end of the month, so i'll probably be around a bit more after that. if i get into school, i'm hoping to take things pretty seriously, so i probably not get too involved in GD till i develop some better study habits. i'm sure i'll be around the upper forums though. good ole pf.

6. Jul 12, 2006 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, that all sounds great! It seems you've finally found your niche, and I'm glad to hear things are finally going well. You sound so positive and happy. :smile: That AZ sun must be working wonders!

That seems like a good plan for staying focused on your studies once you're back in school too. Should we kick you out of GD if you start wasting too much time in here instead of focusing on your classes?

7. Jul 12, 2006 #6

JamesU

Gold Member

The AZ sun is awesome :cool: because of it, today I didn't have to run on the track frield for summer school :yuck:

8. Jul 12, 2006 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hot damn! You're in at ASU? I am so happy!!!!!!!!!

9. Jul 12, 2006 #8
    hehe, cute yomamma. it definitely gets hotter out here than back home, but i really love it. i've gone through a big bottle of sunscreen in a month though. last summer, i didn't even finish half of one, heh.

anyway, i definitely am feeling more positive about things, it sucks because a lot of whats going on in my life is stressful, but i'm so happy that i've done this that its hard to let myself be down too much. plus my campers adore me. i probably get more mail than anyone on camp. and my mum even sent me a care package full of pinwheels and bubbles and glow sticks and even a pedicure kit, (which was amazing because its hard to feel much like a girl when you're living in the wilderness everyday.)

anyway, yep, things are fairly good. if i go to school, which is very up in the air, (depends on whether i can get the loans..) definitely keep me outta GD too much, especially if you know my grades are down. if i go to school, i'm not throwing away my money or my time anymore. i really wanna buckle down and study. whozum has a research job and i'm terribly jealous. time to get my act together!!

10. Jul 12, 2006 #9
    MIH!!!!

how have you been? i'm excited i got in too. i dunno what happened, but just last week they called and told me. so i'm running around trying to find money for it. i saw your thread about your stresses. i'm sorry to hear it. you need a vacation! i know this girl in arizona who just found an apt... but really i hope you're still managing to smile even with the stress, you're just too pretty not to be!

11. Jul 12, 2006 #10

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Far out! :cool:

Keep us posted.

And welcome back. You've been missed. :smile:

12. Jul 12, 2006 #11

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I am so glad to see you, Gale. It truly brightens my day. We've all been missing you.
    Yeah, I am going on vacation after this class. I am going down to our beach cabin in Texas to go fishing with my Dad. Can't wait!

13. Jul 12, 2006 #12
    Great job getting in Gale.

Just remember what I told you, it's time to shine :smile:

14. Jul 12, 2006 #13

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Oh my god shes back

15. Jul 12, 2006 #14

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Get the net!!!!:biggrin:

16. Jul 12, 2006 #15
    aww, you missed me didn't you? i know you did. you should've been writing me letters at camp, that's what all the good penguins do!

OMG, i just remembered, we have this camp song..
    "have you ever seen, a penguin come to tea?
    take a look at me, a penguin you will see,
    penguins, attention! penguins begin!
    have you ever seen..."

and it keeps repeating and each time you flap one wing, then the other, then you waddle one foot, then the other, then bob your head then spin around. SOOO cute. now i'll think of you whenever we sing it!!!

17. Jul 13, 2006 #16

wolram

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    Hope you get into school Gale :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?