1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Hey everybody. Im new to this forum. Lets start with some questions, shall we? XD

1. Feb 25, 2010 #1
    I know I know. This question must be uber easy in the eyes of you genius'. But the truth is - I'm taking grade 12 physics when I practically failed grade 11(well, I got 51....I wasn't trying, I swear!!!) so getting some of the concepts can get very confusing...and frustrating! Nonetheless, I need your help my good physic ebuddies!!!!!!!!!!

1) A car is traveling north when it enters a curve. It maintains a constant speed and leaves the curve travelling east. The direction of the car's acceleration is

a)south -east b)north-east c)east d)south e) the car does not accelerate

I'm pretty sure the answer to thsi question is north east, however, since I never recall answering this type of question, I want to make sure.

2) A car drives with constant speed around a corner. If it enters the corner traveling west and leaves traveling south, the acceleration through the turn is directed south-east.
    True or False??

I think its true.....but Im not sure!! haha

Thanks a tun!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 25, 2010 #2

rl.bhat

Homework Helper

Hi Callistal, welcome to PF.
    When ever a particle is moving in a circular orbit with uniform speed, the acceleration is always towards the center of the circle.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook