Can a 400 pound tuna still be considered a small fish?

• Thread starter queenstudy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hello Hey
In summary, tuna fish can grow to be very large, with some species reaching lengths of over 6 feet and weighing over 1,500 pounds. However, the average size of a tuna fish is around 400 pounds and a 400 pound tuna would be considered a large fish. The size of a tuna fish is determined by species, age, diet, and environment. While a 400 pound tuna may not be the smallest of its species, there are tuna that weigh anywhere from 30 to 1,500 pounds. Overall, the average size of a tuna fish can vary depending on various factors.
queenstudy
hey everyone my name is jillian and i just want to say hello to all

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello to you, jillian!
By the way, do you have a favourite fish?
:smile:

Welcome to PF :smile:

Welcome to PF!

I'm sure you'll like it here!

Soooo, what about the fish?? Any favorites??

Hello and welcome to the forum ! :)

Lulz

thank you all and by the way i eat fish but i don't know the kind i eat :P

queenstudy said:
thank you all and by the way i eat fish but i don't know the kind i eat :P
Drops 400 pound tuna on Queenstudy.

It's really best to think of a fish, preferably a small fish. :tongue2:

On the bright side, that tuna is worth $20,000. The bad side, it was too big for the PF Fish locker and it's been unusually warm...

Evo said:
Drops 400 pound tuna on Queenstudy.

It's really best to think of a fish, preferably a small fish. :tongue2:

On the bright side, that tuna is worth $20,000. The bad side, it was too big for the PF Fish locker and it's been unusually warm...

LOLOLOLOL

Evo for humor guru! :biggrin:

1. Can a 400 pound tuna be considered a small fish?

No, a 400 pound tuna is considered a large fish. Tuna can weigh anywhere from 30 to 1,500 pounds, with the average being around 400 pounds. Therefore, a 400 pound tuna would not be considered a small fish.

2. How big can a tuna fish get?

Tuna fish can grow to be very large, with some species reaching lengths of over 6 feet and weighing over 1,500 pounds. However, the average size of a tuna fish is around 400 pounds.

3. What factors determine the size of a tuna fish?

The size of a tuna fish is determined by a variety of factors, including species, age, diet, and environment. Different species of tuna have different average sizes, and older tuna tend to be larger than younger ones. Diet and environment also play a role in the size of a tuna fish, as a plentiful food supply and optimal living conditions can lead to larger fish.

4. Are there smaller tuna fish than a 400 pound tuna?

Yes, there are smaller tuna fish than a 400 pound tuna. As mentioned before, tuna can weigh anywhere from 30 to 1,500 pounds, so a 400 pound tuna would be considered a large fish but not the smallest of its species.

5. What is the average size of a tuna fish?

The average size of a tuna fish is around 400 pounds. However, this can vary depending on the species of tuna and other factors such as age, diet, and environment. Some species of tuna may have a smaller average size, while others may have a larger one.