Hey, friends;I just want to let you know that I might be out of

• Thread starter Danger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hey
In summary, the speaker is informing their friends that they may not be reachable for a few days as they are moving their internet connection. They hope it will be a quick process and they will be back soon. They advise their friends not to worry and that being without the internet can be relaxing. They also mention getting a lot of reading done during this time. They return home and are glad to be back online.
Danger
Gold Member
Hey, friends;
I just want to let you know that I might be out of touch for a while. I'm just about to call Telus to have my internet connection moved from W's place to my house, and I don't know how long it will take. Shaw can't switch my cable until Wednesday, but I hope that the net thing is a lot faster; at least it doesn't require an on-site installer. Anyhow, if you don't hear from me for a few days, that's the reason.

Physics news on Phys.org

Hope to see you soon.

Hurry back Danger.

See you soon!

Can't you bribe the guy with beer? ;-p

See you back soon Danger.

Hope all goes well. Thanks for letting us know so we don't worry.

It's not going to hurt too much to be without the net for a while. Believe it or not - it's relaxing.

Come back soon!:smile:

Equate said:
It's not going to hurt too much to be without the net for a while. Believe it or not - it's relaxing.

But it's going to hurt your online friends :biggrin:

Hi honey; I'm home!

Equate said:

I must admit, without benefit of either the net or my cable, I got a lot of reading done. It never struck me before, but I used to read a book every day or so in my teens. Now I'm so into being on PF that I barely take the time out to do the New York Time crossword puzzle. Luckily, it comes in the Friday edition of the Calgary Herald, which I buy for the TV Times.
Anyhow, I'm back on line now. I've missed you all.

1. What does "Hey, friends; I just want to let you know that I might be out of" mean?

This statement means that the person is informing their friends that they may not be available or present for a certain period of time.

2. Why would someone say "Hey, friends; I just want to let you know that I might be out of"?

There could be many reasons why someone would say this. They may have an important commitment or event that they need to attend, they may be traveling, or they may need to take a break from social activities for personal reasons.

3. How long will the person be out of contact?

The length of time the person will be out of contact is not specified in this statement. It could be a few hours, a day, a week, or even longer. It would be best to reach out to the person and ask for more specific information.

4. Should I expect a response from the person while they are "out of"?

It depends on the reason for their absence. If it is for an important commitment or event, they may not be able to respond. If it is for personal reasons, they may still be able to respond but may need more time. It would be best to communicate with the person beforehand and ask for their availability.

5. Is there anything I can do to help while the person is "out of"?

If you are close friends with the person, you can offer your support and assistance if needed. However, it is important to respect their boundaries and give them space if they need it. You can also ask the person if there is anything they need help with before they leave.