Hey guys so I've been having some trouble with this question How

• Thread starter oldspice1212
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hey
In summary, "having trouble" with a question refers to difficulty understanding or finding a solution to a problem. When facing a challenging question, it is important to assess the problem, break it down, and seek help if needed. Problem-solving skills can be improved through practice, critical thinking, and seeking feedback. There are many resources and strategies that can aid in solving difficult questions, including seeking help from others and practicing regularly. If still struggling, it is important to ask for help and not get discouraged.
oldspice1212
Hey guys so I've been having some trouble with this question...

How many nanoseconds does it take for a computer to perform one calculation if it performs 6.9 × 10^7 calculations per second?

Physics news on Phys.org

How many nano seconds in a second?

10^9 I believe

So is the answer 69 nano seconds?

No. Just shift the decimals until you have something with ... x 109 sec since you can substitute that with nano seconds

oldspice1212 said:
So is the answer 69 nano seconds?

The conversion to nanoseconds is the second step for the question. First you have to find the time for one operation, in seconds or any convenient unit. Then you can convert in nanoseconds.
The given value is not the time for one operation but the number of operation per second.

Alright so I got 14 nano seconds, I did 1 calculation/ seconds * seconds/ calculations per second which was 14 nano seconds :P

What do you mean by "having trouble" with this question?

By "having trouble" with a question, I mean that I am having difficulty understanding or finding a solution to the problem being posed.

What steps should I take when I encounter a question that I am having trouble with?

When facing a challenging question, it is important to take a step back and assess the problem. Break it down into smaller, more manageable parts and try to understand each component. It may also be helpful to do some background research on the topic and seek help from others if needed.

How can I improve my problem-solving skills when it comes to difficult questions?

Problem-solving skills can be improved through practice and persistence. It is important to approach each problem with a clear and logical mindset, breaking it down into smaller steps and using critical thinking to find a solution. It also helps to seek feedback and learn from mistakes.

Are there any resources or strategies that can help me with difficult questions?

Yes, there are many resources and strategies that can aid in solving difficult questions. These include seeking help from a teacher or tutor, collaborating with peers, using online resources and tutorials, and practicing regularly. It is also important to stay organized and manage your time effectively.

What should I do if I am still struggling with a question even after using these strategies?

If you are still having trouble with a question, don't be afraid to ask for help. Seek guidance from a teacher, tutor, or mentor who can offer additional insights and support. It is also important to not get discouraged and keep practicing and learning from your mistakes.