1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hey guys

  1. Feb 4, 2012 #1
    hello guys,

    I am planning to do some higher education diploma in technology. I live in east london. I cant afford university fees.

    Can anyone suggest me some good college.

  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 4, 2012 #2

    Well, I guess it depends excatly what you want to do ...technology is a bit of a wide term. However, have you looked at the Open University?

    You can get funding for the courses ...You apply through the OU, not through the students loan company as you would with a traditional brick university.

    Also, you can study while you work.

    Could be worth a look.
  4. Feb 8, 2012 #3

    Thanks a lot.

    I applied in waltham forest college. They do higher education diploma courses.

    You can check it out if you want.

    http://www.waltham.ac.uk/courses/access-to-higher-education-diplomas.html [Broken]

    They were very helpful...

    Thanks anyways!! :)

    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  5. Feb 8, 2012 #4


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

    Would you like to go to university? You can get a student loan and a maintenance loan. There are also various means tested grants that you can get based on your families income and many universities offer their own grants as well.
  6. Feb 8, 2012 #5

    as long as the course is good, it really doesnt matter to me if it is a college or university.

    Waltham forest college seems to be a good college.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook