Hey, I'm new here!

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi all, I'm new to this site. I'd thought I would introduce myself here. You know, you should have an "introduce yourself" thread on this site.

Well, anyway, I'll introduce myself. I'm 19 yrs old, live in New Hampshire, and I'm still a student in High School. I'm really big into science, especially physics. I'm also have a passion for psychology and philosophy. My other interests include Chess, Music, Snowboarding, Web Surfing, and Video Games.

Oh, and I know "Motolov" is misspelled (its supposed to be MolotovCocktail), I just did that intentionally.

Answers and Replies

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Welcome to PF!
Hope you will like it here. :smile:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Welcome to PF! Do we still have any fish left in the welcome tent? Folks got pretty carried away welcoming zenmaster. *tosses a pile of scales at MotolovCocktail* That'll have to do until I have time to check in the back for more fish. :biggrin:

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I only have sardines at the moment..

radou
Homework Helper
Welcome, Motolov!

P.S. You'll get used to the fish.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Great. I'm going to have to crack open that can of smoked oysters I was saving since we're out of fish to throw.

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/9499/welcome38gk.gif [Broken]

Now where did I put that can of baked beans? I was saving it for a special occasion just like this one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Now where did I put that can of baked beans? I was saving it for a special occasion just like this one!
Oh dear, if we start handing out baked beans and broccoli to the new members, it'll be more than the fish smelling around here! :uhh: :yuck:

Welcome to PF!

Mk
You know, you should have an "introduce yourself" thread on this site.
You know, the first thing you say doesn't have to be criticism. Maybe at least the second thing.

See? No body even hit you with the fish yet!

Evo
Mentor
You know, the first thing you say doesn't have to be criticism. Maybe at least the second thing.

See? No body even hit you with the fish yet!
Moonbear tossed a handful of scales at him.

I ate the smoked oysters though. :redface:

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I offered sardines, but no one wanted to use them..:frown:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moonbear tossed a handful of scales at him.

I ate the smoked oysters though. :redface:
NOooOOOoOoOOoo!!!:cry: It was my last tin of them.

Note to self: next time hide smoked oysters with the secret Fauchon chocolate stash that Evo does not know about.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Note to self: next time hide smoked oysters with the secret Fauchon chocolate stash that Evo does not know about.
Licks lips. Umm...about that chocolate stash... :uhh:...there might be a bit less there than you thought there was. :uhh: :redface:

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I offered sardines, but no one wanted to use them..:frown:
I love sardines! :tongue2:

I grew up eating sardine sandwiches. No other kid would trade sandwiches with me - except from Niels Wolfhagen, whose family had emigrated from Norway. :biggrin:

OK - MolotovCocktail arrived just in time for the Fish Fry! :biggrin: How appropriate. For desert, we'll have Bananas Foster and a Peach Flambé.

http://www.neworleansrestaurants.com/recipes/recipes_brennans.html

Oops - almost forgot -

Welcome to PF, MolotovCocktail!

Last edited:
Mk
I love sardines! :tongue2:

I grew up eating sardine sandwiches. No other kid would trade sandwiches with me - except from Niels Wolfhagen, whose family had emigrated from Norway. :biggrin:
Sounds great! Did you put anything else on the sandwich?

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Sounds great! Did you put anything else on the sandwich?
When I was in grade/elementary school - my mom made the lunches. The sandwiches were simple, since we didn't have a lot of money. Back then sardines and potted meat were cheap, so that's what we ate. I also had sandwiches filled with curried egg, or honey and walnuts, or bananas, or peanut butter (I never got used to peanut butter and jelly).

As an adult - I like sardines or mackerel or tuna or salmon with different seasonings.

Curried sardines or sardines with salsa are great! :tongue2:

Evo
Mentor
NOooOOOoOoOOoo!!!:cry: It was my last tin of them.
<smacks lips> But you were going to throw them at the new person!

WHAT??? You got Fuchon chocolates and I didn't?? HUMANINO!!!!! :grumpy:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
<smacks lips> But you were going to throw them at the new person!
only a couple of 'em.
evo said:
WHAT??? You got Fuchon chocolates and I didn't?? HUMANINO!!!!! :grumpy:
Why do you think I had to hide them? :biggrin:

It's not what you think, though. Just simple blackmail. I paid one of the members $10 to start a thread asking if he could ask some of the guys personal questions via PM, then send me the responses. We had LOTS of volunteers. Now I have dirt on almost EVERYONE! ha ha! :devil:

Thanks for the fast shipment, Humanino. Your secret is safe with me.:wink: But, oh, my .. it seems my supply is running a bit low. Remember, I can't talk when my mouth is full of Fauchon bon bons.:smile: