Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hey, is an EE graduate degree worthwhile?

1. Dec 13, 2003 #1
    I'm trying to decide if it's worth my time to make my undergraduate GPA super high

My cumulative won't get much higher than 3.2 even if I get 4.0 for the next two years, so I won't be able to get into any honors societies, and the only reason I can see to bother temporarily memorizing every stupid detail to ace my finals and get super-high grades is so that I could get into graduate school

But is that necessary in EE? What kind of work can you do with a master's or doctorate that you can't do with a bachelor's degree?

I'm thinking I'd like to go into the design of video game consoles, but I'm concerned that a Bachelor's will just leave me qualified to be some phd's <strike>*****</strike> technician
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2003 #2
    Depends on where you want to get your advanced education and what companies are looking at your educational background. Ivy league schools will want only the best candidates, compared to an average state school. Same for companies, if you want to produce games for SquareSoft,Lucas Arts,etc. start kicking ass in school! ~Later Dave
  4. Jan 28, 2004 #3
    can i get a ms degree with 2.5 gpa? EE is hard.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?