Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hey, Need some sexy costume advice for halloween!

1. Oct 18, 2009 #1
    Im throwing a party at my house for Halloween. I want to dress as something sexy without

being too nasty.

Your thoughts!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2009 #2
    No costume is sexy enough for you. I think this thread will be deleted because of the commerical nature of the links.

4. Oct 18, 2009 #3
    Some women/girls use halloween as their one free pass a year to dress up like a prostitute.

So what are you dressed up as?
    "I'm a witch, can't you tell?"
    Oh, the bikini threw me off.

5. Oct 18, 2009 #4
    hahahaha i like the superman costume you posted.

6. Oct 18, 2009 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: I don't understand it either. Maybe if you live in FL, but up north, is dang cold for Halloween and I don't know why anyone would want to wear something skimpy and freeze their butt off.

I think it's possible to dress sexy without looking like a prostitute...and actually don't think dressing like a prostitute is all that sexy at all, but maybe that's just me. A long, form-fitting black dress with a flowing skirt can be used for a variety of costumes...witch, Elvira, vampire, etc., just the accessories make the difference. And if it's really cold out, you can wear warm tights under it without anyone even knowing. A costume like that will probably get you a lot more attention than the ones who let everything hang out...you'll still be sexy, but in a classy way.

7. Oct 18, 2009 #6

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You could go for something more subtle that suggests doing something sexy.

For example, showers are sexy. You could dress up as something that relates to showering. Some white Geisha make-up, a huge while pillow case would work. Just glue a curly piece of black yarn to the pillow case so they realize you're a bar of soap and not a ghost.

8. Oct 18, 2009 #7
    Hey lets not discourage this behaviour.

Go with vampires. vampires are totally sexy. Even elegant forms, like from that movie interview with a vampire...all those women....beautiful.

Maybe I have a thing for vampires though..

http://www.zoogstercostumes.com/landing/sexy-vampire-costumes.php [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  9. Oct 18, 2009 #8

f95toli

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That would indeed be VERY subtle:biggrin:

Somehow I suspect that it would be TOO subtle for most people, it is not like we use our higher brain functions when it comes to deciding what we think is sexy; that is largely done in the "reptilian" part of our brain.

10. Oct 18, 2009 #9
    unless she just was naked and wet... that has to do with showering... or just had a towel wrapped around her... or a bathrobe... these things are prettttty sexy i think

11. Oct 18, 2009 #10

f95toli

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Indeed, but I am not sure that would be considered subtle:shy:

12. Oct 18, 2009 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! I love the idea, but, I don't think the curly yarn would qualify as sexy. :yuck:

13. Oct 18, 2009 #12
    Don't worry you're not alone on that.. I'm 22 and a guy and I agree. I think a skirt/dress that's fairly form fitting and comes right below the knee is one of the sexiest things a woman can wear (except for big sweatpants with a spaghetti strap shirt on with their hair thrown back right after they wake up... I think that's the most attractive look for a woman). I find skimpy clothing to be trashy.. It's a major turn off for me.

14. Oct 18, 2009 #13
  15. Oct 18, 2009 #14
    Agreed! Well the skimpy clothes isnt' a turn off but theres something about that care free relaxed look that is amazingly attractive imo.

16. Oct 18, 2009 #15

Evo

Staff: Mentor

A hair clogged drain?

17. Oct 18, 2009 #16

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Or go to the party as somebody who really needs a shower. Badly. You know, reeking of B.O. and maybe with some mud caked to your hair. Rrrrrrowr, what man can resist such a temptress?

18. Oct 19, 2009 #17
    Ooooh... and it's always a joy to see you still dressed like that when you make your hung-over way back home on All-Saints Day.

This holds true for guys too. (If you're the blond Spartan I saw last year last year dragging his sword on the ground... I'm talking to you.)

19. Oct 19, 2009 #18

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

But if you're hosting the party in your own home, it doesn't matter how cold it is.

20. Oct 19, 2009 #19
    Catwoman was always my favorite.

21. Oct 19, 2009 #20

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I don't know about your friends but around here, a great hue and cry would suddenly be heard:

OH MY GOD THAT'S A GIANT PUBE!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook