Greg's Upgrade: Log In Every Time?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, Tribdog had to log in every time he left PF because his password check box was checked. After the upgrade, he was having trouble logging in. Clearing the cookies solved the problem.
tribdog
What did you do Greg? ever since your little upgrade today I have to log in every time i leave PF and try returning. I've got the little check box checked, so what did you do?

Physics news on Phys.org
My reply button is acting like the quote button, i think Greg is just having a laugh.

He's been drinking again, huh? Dammit!

tribdog said:
What did you do Greg? ever since your little upgrade today I have to log in every time i leave PF and try returning. I've got the little check box checked, so what did you do?

Geez, can't you get a hint? :biggrin:

Is anyone else having this problem? I haven't encountered it, so maybe Greg added a special little upgrade just for tribdog. :wink:

I'm pretty sure it's my computer that's screwing up, but I don't know how or why, so I'm going to be blaiming greg

I've noticed nothing different and I haven't been logged out.

The forums have made me login about 6 times over the last 2 days.

Use firefox--> "remember password"

I login like over 12 times each day to like 12 different accounts (gmails, hotmails, school email, work email, pf,..)

i do use firefox. I never had this problem until the upgrade yesterday.

Did you logout since the upgrade? I never logged out, and it's fine with me. I use IE7 though.

I never log out, I just close my browser or turn off my computer. I'm not doing anything different than I've always done.

Wow, does tribdog's posts look lighter to anyone else? Kind of like they get fainter and fainter every time he has to log back in. At this rate he'll be completely invisible by tomorrow. :eek:

keep wishing

tribdog said:
I never log out, I just close my browser or turn off my computer. I'm not doing anything different than I've always done.

I don't even do that. The computer has been on and the browser running -- I just get logged off. It's even happened to me while posting: type stuff, preview, type stuff, submit, "you are not logged in". Admittedly that was a long post, written over ~30 minutes.

tribdog said:
keep wishing

What? Type louder, tribdog, I can barely read you!

It's likely that session IDs were wiped out with the upgrade. I advise anyone having this problem to clear their cookies and then log in again. Please let me know if this solves the problem.

- Warren

tribdog said:
keep wishing

Tribdog's posts look really light on my computer.

Math Is Hard said:
:rofl:

Math Is Hard said:
:rofl:
tribdog said:

Lucky you are! I loged out but when I came back I see I'm still in. I had this problem even before upgrade, cleared cache, reset PC, yet this problem still exists!:rolleyes:

<I'm going to clear cache again and if that wouldn't help, you have to ban me>:grumpy::devil:

Got the same problem now at another computer, not at home. Have to relog in with every page change. Doesn't want to remember me.

Never mind, it works fine with another profile. Probably a local setting.

As chroot said, go into tools>options>privacy>show cookies and then search for physicsforums and delete all of them.
Then try again.

I had a similar problem on amazon.com recently. Clearing the cookies did it for me.

chroot said:
It's likely that session IDs were wiped out with the upgrade. I advise anyone having this problem to clear their cookies and then log in again. Please let me know if this solves the problem.

Yep, that was all it took. Thanks! :blushing:

1. What is "Greg's Upgrade: Log In Every Time"?

"Greg's Upgrade: Log In Every Time" is a feature that requires users to log in every time they access a particular website or platform. This is different from the traditional method of staying logged in for a certain period of time.

2. Why would a website or platform implement this feature?

This feature is often implemented for security reasons. By requiring users to log in every time, it reduces the risk of unauthorized access to sensitive information. It also ensures that the user's session is not left open and vulnerable to hacking.

3. Can this feature be turned off?

It depends on the specific website or platform. Some may allow users to disable this feature in their account settings, while others may not have an option to turn it off. It is best to check the website's or platform's policies or settings to see if this feature can be disabled.

4. Will I need to enter my login credentials every time I access the website or platform?

Yes, you will need to enter your login credentials (username and password) every time you access the website or platform. This may be an inconvenience, but it helps to ensure the security of your account and personal information.

5. How does this feature affect the user experience?

The impact on the user experience may vary. Some users may find it more secure and reassuring, while others may find it frustrating to have to log in every time. However, this feature can help prevent unauthorized access to the user's account and personal information, which ultimately enhances the overall user experience.