Hey there :-)

• Thread starter EliShaubi
  • Start date
EliShaubi
Hi,

I just stumbled across this forum and thought it would be a nice place to bounce ideas off of people, and learn from all the people on here. I'm no scientist, but I enjoy learning physics (and other sciences) on my spare time in a more amateur way.

Lately, I've been especially interested in studying special relativity. I've also been reading The Feynman Lectures, which have been a real joy.

While I am interested in learning more about quantum physics, I find that the math is a little bit beyond me. So I just started reading up on vectors, in the hope that I can go to multivariable calculus and then maybe be able to tackle some more interesting physics stuff.

On a more personal note, I am originally from NY, but moved to Israel a few years ago after finishing my BA at Cornell in Middle Eastern Studies and Philosophy. Starting my MA next year in Arabic Langauge and Literature in Jerusalem :-).

I'm an observant Jew, and a lot of my motivation for studying science, and physics in particular, stems from religious motivations of trying to understand our world and the wonders of creation.

That's me in a nutshell! Looking forward to some fruitful conversations :-)

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Be sure to skim through the PF rules (see INFO at the top of the page) -- there are a few constraints on the discussions here that are good to know about ahead of time. Enjoy!

Back