How Can Scientists Bridge the Gap Between Policy Makers and the Public?

• Thread starter austyn
  • Start date
In summary, scientists can bridge the gap between policy makers and the public by effectively communicating their research and findings in a way that is accessible and understandable to the general public. This can involve using clear and concise language, utilizing visual aids and engaging with the media. Additionally, scientists can collaborate with policy makers to help shape policies and regulations based on scientific evidence, and actively engage with the public through events, forums and social media to promote scientific literacy and understanding. By bridging this gap, scientists can help ensure that evidence-based policies are implemented and that the public is informed and engaged in important scientific issues.
austyn
Hi, my name is Austyn, I am a senior in Physics and Environmental Sciences at NC State. I'll be taking one more year after that. I'm really interested in finding ways to bridge the gap between scientists, policy makers, and the public, especially through science communication. Research wise, I think the carbon cycle is really cool.

I am excited to be involved in this community!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Austyn! :smile: