What is the First Dimension and How Does It Make Sense?

• Thread starter Spacepantz86
  • Start date
In summary, the first dimension is the most basic and fundamental aspect of space, representing length and distance in a straight line. It is the foundation of all other dimensions and is essential for understanding the physical world. The first dimension can be visualized as a straight line with no width or depth, and it allows us to measure and quantify objects and distances. It also plays a crucial role in geometry and mathematical calculations. Overall, the first dimension helps us make sense of the physical world and is a fundamental concept in science and mathematics.
Spacepantz86
Hi, I'm Daniel from Australia, left school when I was 14 and am no 32, no real education but I love thinking and lately I been thinking about big stuff that is physics related and I need some answers.

My biggest concern is the first dimension line dons't make sense. Thank you for your time.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Daniel! My name is Jerry, and I'm a student at the University of California in Los Angeles. I'm enrolled in an undergraduate major in Public Policy. The reason I've joined this forum is that I'm really interested in physics but in school, I wasn't able to learn it and to understand. So I hope that with the help of the forum community I can improve my knowledge in it.

Likes berkeman
:welcome:

We will gladly try and help you understand physics, but note that we discuss only mainstream science. Our goal is educational.