What Can You Learn From PF's Three Main Sections?

• Thread starter Dickie
  • Start date
Dickie
Hi,

I'm Dickie, currently studying Engineering part-time through the Open University in the UK with a view to career change into engineering once I've completed my BEng and hopefully a full-time MEng in Mechanical or Aeronautical on completion.

I'm something of a general science and engineering fan, regret not going to university straight from school and bit of a frustrated-wannabe-physicist. However, having only really appreciated this at 30 I decided to study something that had a practical application (bills to pay, mortgage, family etc...!) and so chose engineering on the basis that it's something I'm interested in as well and I try to see it as 'applied physics' to an extent.

Aside from my studies and the main reason I found this site is that I remember in my teens being part of a couple of online science/tech communities and getting to know some really interesting people with equally interesting ideas and am trying to find a similar community so am looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully contributing in one way or another!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome [emoji4][emoji4]

Likes Dickie
A warm welcome to PF.

Make sure you know about the three main sections in PF, and explore them well:

1. The main forums, that you see in the first page.
2. Insights Blog, available at the top row (header section). It contains articles that help in learning topics to a great extent.
3. The videos, also available in the header section. The media gallery now has some great videos in almost every aspect in science, and they provide an audio-visual learning experience.

I assure you that you will have a great time here.

With regards,
Wrichik.

Likes Dickie