1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Hi can i get some help

1. Apr 19, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

It is a windless day at standard temperature and pressure. A golf ball of mass 45.5 grams and 4.25 cm diameter rests on a golf tee. It is hit by a golf club in an elastic collision with inclination pi/6 and force 16k Newtons. During flight, the air friction is 0.25 Newton seconds/meter. The ball lands inelastically in ...a sand pit at the same elevation as the golf tee.
    Q: What was the action of the golf ball ?

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 19, 2010 #2
    What equations do you think might be relevant? Did you make an attempt at a solution?

4. Apr 20, 2010 #3
    No i dont have no clue about this but if you don t mind could you help me.

5. Apr 20, 2010 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

The problem statement appears incomplete, or at least has some typos in it. What do you mean by "the air friction is 0.25 Newton seconds/meter"? That's not the force of friction -- what measure of friction is it? And you need to define what you mean by "action" of the ball. What are the possible "actions"?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook