Calculating the Flight and Landing of a Golf Ball Hit with an Inclined Force

• Thread starter the pro
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hi
In summary, the problem involves a golf ball of specific dimensions and mass being hit by a golf club with a given force and inclination. It experiences air friction during flight and lands inelastically in a sand pit at the same elevation. The question is asking for the action of the golf ball in this scenario, but more information is needed to fully understand the problem.
the pro

Homework Statement

It is a windless day at standard temperature and pressure. A golf ball of mass 45.5 grams and 4.25 cm diameter rests on a golf tee. It is hit by a golf club in an elastic collision with inclination pi/6 and force 16k Newtons. During flight, the air friction is 0.25 Newton seconds/meter. The ball lands inelastically in ...a sand pit at the same elevation as the golf tee.
Q: What was the action of the golf ball ?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
What equations do you think might be relevant? Did you make an attempt at a solution?

No i don't have no clue about this but if you don t mind could you help me.

the pro said:

Homework Statement

It is a windless day at standard temperature and pressure. A golf ball of mass 45.5 grams and 4.25 cm diameter rests on a golf tee. It is hit by a golf club in an elastic collision with inclination pi/6 and force 16k Newtons. During flight, the air friction is 0.25 Newton seconds/meter. The ball lands inelastically in ...a sand pit at the same elevation as the golf tee.
Q: What was the action of the golf ball ?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

The problem statement appears incomplete, or at least has some typos in it. What do you mean by "the air friction is 0.25 Newton seconds/meter"? That's not the force of friction -- what measure of friction is it? And you need to define what you mean by "action" of the ball. What are the possible "actions"?

1. What kind of help do you need?

I am a scientist, so my expertise is in the field of scientific research and experiments. I can help with anything related to these topics.

2. Can you provide any resources or references?

Yes, I can provide scientific articles, research papers, and other credible sources to support my answers and help you with your inquiries.

3. How much time do you have to dedicate to helping me?

As a scientist, I am always eager to share my knowledge and help others. However, my availability may vary depending on my current research projects and commitments.

4. Do you have experience in a specific field of science?

I have a broad background in various fields of science, but my main expertise is in biology and genetics. I also have experience in chemistry, physics, and environmental sciences.

5. Can you explain complex scientific concepts in simpler terms?

Yes, I can break down complex scientific concepts and explain them in simpler terms for better understanding. I believe in making science accessible to everyone.