Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hi every one

1. Oct 25, 2006 #1
    hi every one

I'm asked about the spacetime and his shape

is spacetmie like the sea or waht?

thank for everyone
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2006 #2
    is there any body hire

4. Oct 26, 2006 #3

Hello ريمان,

From Wikipedia:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    For other uses of this term, see Spacetime (disambiguation).
    In physics, spacetime is a mathematical model that combines three-dimensional space and one-dimensional time into a single construct called the space-time continuum, in which time plays the role of the 4th dimension. According to Euclidean space perception, our universe has three dimensions of space, and one dimension of time. By combining space and time into a single manifold, physicists have significantly simplified a good deal of physical theory, as well as described in a more uniform way the workings of the universe at both the supergalactic and subatomic levels.

In classical mechanics, the use of spacetime over Euclidean space is optional, as time is independent of mechanical motion in three dimensions. In relativistic contexts, however, time cannot be separated from the three dimensions of space as it depends on an object's velocity relative to the speed of light.

I hope this helps.
  5. Oct 26, 2006 #4
  6. Oct 26, 2006 #5
    My understanding is that spacetime is basically a frame of reference for the entire universe. That means that whatever is in the universe is "in" spacetime, including the earth. I can't imagine what would be "outside" spacetime.
  7. Oct 27, 2006 #6
  8. Oct 27, 2006 #7
    Yes, thats right. The earth is in spacetime. The picture just shows one surface out of many I'm guessing. That surface happens to run under the image of the earth. They can't show all the surfaces that make up spacetime in the picture otherwise you wouldnt be able to see the earth.
  9. Oct 27, 2006 #8
    tank you very much you are so smart

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?