Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hi everybody, what do you think will Mr. Bush next move is he going to attack Iran?

1. Jan 29, 2005 #1
    Hi everybody, what do you think will Mr. Bush next move is he going to attack Iran???

I have heard some rumors that U.S.A. troops are trying to find a pretext, (justifications), in order to attack Iran, as they did for Iraq, will they?
    I think they are just mad about the petrol nothing else.
    What do you think, will they attack Iran or not?
    If you have more information send, me any thanks, Ardian...

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2005 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

No, the US is not going to attack Iran. I don't have any information for you though - the rumors are just that: rumors.

4. Jan 29, 2005 #3
    You know, right after 9/11, and hell, even before 9/11, people were spreading rumors that George Bush wanted to invade Iraq...

5. Jan 29, 2005 #4
    I think that the US will attack something within the next 6 months or so, or at least get started.

6. Jan 29, 2005 #5
    If you'll forgive me quoting myself, this is from my opening post on the thread 'Where will it end?'

7. Jan 29, 2005 #6
  8. Jan 29, 2005 #7
    US is sending flights to Iran to check the defences and spot potential targets. "The idea is to get the Iranians turn on the radar to get an assesment of their air defences" an Intelligence surce in washington said. Source: The Hindu, 30th January, 2005

9. Jan 29, 2005 #8

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This sort of game has being in place with the military for the past 50yr, is goes on all the time and it is significant of nothing.

While I have little respect for Shrub's intelligence, I cannot believe that the Pentagon would allow him to start yet another war. Though, it is always possible, that if they see an opening, the Iranians could attempt to take Iraq.

I have absolutely no basis for saying that other then .... Well they were at war with Iraq for most of the '80s so there are probably a few left who would like to finish it.

10. Jan 30, 2005 #9

russ_watters

There were rumors that David Koresh was Jesus. So what?
    Why...? Because we can't fight another war right now. Even for those who think Bush wants to, that's a point that can't be ignored. Though the military is technically supposed to be able to fight two large regional wars simultaneously, we could not fight a war in Iran right now. It just ain't gonna happen.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  11. Jan 30, 2005 #10
    USA on orders from Tel Aviv will attack Iranian nuclear power plants.Syria is also very propable target.One of them for sure.

12. Jan 30, 2005 #11
    President Bush is planning to attack every enemy of Israel: Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Russia, North Korea, etc.

13. Jan 30, 2005 #12

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I didn't know that factual predictions were of any value in the determination of Bush's politics :tongue:
    I think the US CAN start a second war. They cannot win it, but they can start it :rofl:. So let's give it a go :tongue2:

14. Jan 30, 2005 #13
    And draft is coming :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .I have no respect for people who voted and support this government,only death of their close ones will teach them to think!

15. Jan 30, 2005 #14
    The "so what?" is that in effect, the rumors about George Bush came to pass, even with like a year of people saying that it was ridiculous that we'd attack Iraq. David Koresh, as far as I know, didn't actually turn out to be Jesus, but there were plenty of unsubstantiated rumors about Bush wanting to attack Iraq, and other policy decisions, that came to pass.

16. Jan 30, 2005 #15

kat

Hmm, you must have been listening to different people then I, cause I don't remember that one....

17. Jan 31, 2005 #16
    Have you any special reasons why USA wouldn't do that?

18. Jan 31, 2005 #17

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This thread is just too funny :rofl:

19. Jan 31, 2005 #18

russ_watters

Besides the ones I already gave? Well, one good reason not to is that we don't have a reason to attack Iran.
    Besides what kat said, that's a self-reinforcing, unfalisifiable statement (ie, its meaningless): since Bush has 4 years left in office, any rumor that has yet to come true still might (you can't count up how many have and how many haven't) - therefore you cannot base a judgement of an individual rumor on history.

20. Jan 31, 2005 #19
    :confused:

Why? Because some members are saying that the US isn't out to get Iran?

21. Jan 31, 2005 #20
    You live in London, will the UK join the US in attacking Iran, if it does happen? If yes, then what will happen to Blair lol? Assassinated?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?