Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hi Everybody!

1. Feb 15, 2006 #1
    Hi!! Hi!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

One of my New Year's resolutions was to cut down to a single set of forums. I succeeded!

I participate on a fairly active set of forums that is hosted out of Europe. Most participants are British, and for whatever reason I enjoy the "ambience" there. Maybe it's because they say things like "loo" and "lift" and they spell things wrong.

I thought I'd post the link here.

There's not much physics per se (there's some) but lots of other boards that are geared towards general science topics. Have a look.

I hope you all are doing great. I miss most of you :tongue2: terribly. But it's great to be doing other things in my life as well. Can you believe I only post about 4 times per day *anywhere* on the internet anymore??? Oh my god. The laundry gets done, the kitchen gets cleaned, the toilets get scrubbed..... Not that I'm saying this is more fun, but it's good.

OK then. Later, dudes and dudettes.
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 15, 2006 #2
    You left PF for a forum with not much physics?! WHY pattylou? :cry:
  4. Feb 15, 2006 #3

Staff: Mentor

Welcome back, Pattylou! :smile:

Happy Valentine's Day. :smile:

Housework can be a spiritual experience. So can gardening, but it's not time yet. :biggrin:
  5. Feb 15, 2006 #4
    LOL. Curse you, Z component. Now I'm posting on the internet again today and I already hit my quota of 4.

Why? Because ....they have a "human body" forum.

No no no, they don't talk about Heather Locklear (or whoever), but they *do* talk about tapeworms, diabetes, drug-resistant bacteria, etc.

You can talk about physics, I promise. Either in Space, or Current Science, or Science Q&A.... You could even petition for a physics board and I bet you'd get it.
  6. Feb 15, 2006 #5
    I divided my rhubarb today and thought of you. :smile:

You're a sweetheart. (kiss smiley)
  7. Feb 15, 2006 #6

Hey, thanks for the reminder. I did one rhubarb plant last fall. The next one is bigger, but perhaps now is the time.

And I am axiously waiting to see if I was successful propagating the blackberries and strawberries. The raspberries and blueberries seem to be taking care of themselves.

Back at you, as long as your husband doesn't object. o:) :smile:
  8. Feb 15, 2006 #7
    I see, well whatever interests you! Nice to have you back!
  9. Feb 15, 2006 #8
    Hi Pattylou.
  10. Feb 15, 2006 #9

Wellcome back Pattylou!!!!! We've missed you, I was afraid we'd scared you off. :frown:

Sounds like my kind of place. :!!)
  11. Feb 15, 2006 #10
    do they have a section for me? you know, no real science, lots of fluff.
  12. Feb 15, 2006 #11

Gold Member

welcome back, Pattylou!!!:smile:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?