Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hi everyone!

1. Nov 24, 2014 #1
    Hello guys! I´m a new member! I´m a dentist and a DIYer.... I´m always trying to improve the design of my devices... Quite often they don´t work.. eheheh... but it´s worth trying!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 24, 2014 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF!

What have you built so far? arduino or raspberry-pi based?

4. Nov 24, 2014 #3
    Well, lots of small things... adaptations to some external devices to my dental chair for instance.... My surgical loupe I transformed from a flip-up to a TTL style... a DIY surgical led I did too (but not fully coupled to my loupe... yet...).. but I´ll post now in a thread my recent project..... maybe you´ve got some ideas on it... Thanks!!!

5. Nov 24, 2014 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Have you thought of patenting your ideas? It seems they are useful in your work and thus might be useful to other dentists as well.

If that's the case then you might not want to show them publicly as that will invalidate any claims you might have on the idea.

6. Nov 24, 2014 #5
    Hum... well.. I did in fact... but things are not that easy to be built... Usually people give up trying...

7. Nov 24, 2014 #6

Rocket50

Gold Member

Welcome to the forum!

8. Nov 25, 2014 #7

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I tried a home dentistry kit once.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook