Is Quantum-Geometry Dynamics the Key to Solving Modern Physics Conundrums?

In summary, Quantum-Geometry Dynamics (QGD) is a new approach to understanding the fundamental laws of physics that aims to unify quantum mechanics and general relativity. It combines the mathematical principles of quantum mechanics with the geometric principles of general relativity to provide a more complete understanding of the universe. QGD has shown promise in addressing some of the major conundrums in modern physics, such as the unification of the four fundamental forces and the nature of dark matter and dark energy. However, it is still a developing theory and more research and experimentation is needed to fully determine its validity and potential for solving these mysteries of the universe.
Mark Batten-Carew
I've always loved physics, since my first science fiction novel in 1971. I won a scholarship to do a Math-Physics double honours program at University of Waterloo in 1977, but was immediately seduced into computer science by the promise of being paid big bucks to play with computers all day.

But I never lost my love of particle physics, tracking the field with a perpetual subscription to Scientific American. What always bothered me was how complicated particle physics is. Something didn't seem right.

In the mid-70s, I heard about a theory of physics that proposed two fundamental particles. When I went looking for it 30 years later, I couldn't find it but I did come across Quantum-Geometry Dynamics (QGD) recently developed by theoretical physicist Daniel Burnstein (see QuantumGeometryDynamics.com). An excellent summary is found here: https://www.quantumgeometrydynamics.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/An-Axiomatic-Approach-to-Physics-new-draft.pdf

QGD was developed when Burnstein pondered "What if infinity never occurs in nature?" In that case space and matter/energy must be fundamentally discrete. That is, there must be a smallest particle of space (like pixels on a monitor) and a smallest particle of matter/energy. From there he built up an entire theory of physics, just to see where it would go, and it has been spectacularly successful at resolving all the known conundrums of modern physics: dark energy, dark matter, reconciling Quantum Mechanics with Relativity, merging all known forces, etc. And it makes unique predictions differentiating it from the Standard Model, which are easily tested. For example, QGD can accurately predict future positions in an n-body problem which cannot be done with modern physics. Also, because it is discrete, it is solely based on integer math, making it much more accessible. As you can tell, I am a huge fan of QGD.

Besides Physics Reform, my other interests include Economic Reform (replace fractional reserve lending with public banks and cryptocurrencies), Electoral Reform (move to Proportional Representation), and Environmental Reform (make clean air, water, and land a basic human right).

I look forward to discussing physics with everyone.

Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Well, that's quite a long introduction. So allow me please to note some points regarding our rules, which you can find in detail here: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-forums-global-guidelines.414380/
One of them is that we do not want to discuss papers which aren't published in the usual scientific journals, so your link might not pass the test on a serious debate. However, I haven't checked further, whether it did have been published elsewhere. Part of your goals are as ambitious as beyond our influence, so they might be not a good topic to discuss. E.g. we also abolished politics and philosophy, as those subjects regularly led into arguments and debates, which could hardly be called scientific, which is what we try to achieve. I just want you to know this in order not to disappoint you later on. However, I'm certain that much can be learned in our various forums, so have fun and keep curious!

Likes Evo and berkeman