Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hi Guys I'm back

1. Jun 16, 2010 #1
    Hello Back again for another round of making the "resonant electrostatic water capacitor" aka water fuel cell aka hydrogen generator.kl The "[URL [Broken] out"]instructions[/URL] say to use a high impedance circuit, which pulses high voltage to the electrodes at a very finely adjustable rate. Two coils are used - one an isolated step up transformer, the other an oppositely wound bifilar coil which appears to provide impedance to current. My first question is, what size core, guage wire, and number of turns should I use to make the isolation transformer? My desire 12v 5a input and 20kv output capable of frequencies up to 20khz and as low as 20hz.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 16, 2010 #2
    It really doesn't matter as the whole thing it's utter crap for running cars (I assume this is the idea as it's a Stan Meyer thing), if you paid for that you wasted your money. And you need an AC input to use a transformer, 12V 5A sounds distinctly DC to me.

4. Jun 16, 2010 #3
    Thanks for the reply. Yes 12V 5A does sound like DC because it is. It's pulsed DC, which activates the isolation transformer by collapsing the magnetic field - the trick is building a transformer that will completely saturate at high frequency. Any advice?

5. Jun 17, 2010 #4
    There really is no point in me helping and it'll only lead to:

a) nothing happening (you certainly won't run your car off it - well you will until the battery runs out)
    b) you blowing yourself up if you put AC current into water to create hydrogen.

Why on earth are you using AC anyway? Thats a very bad idea as the cathode and anode would be switching meaning you'll get an incredibly potenet fuel air mixture in an uncontrolled way. AC also tends to spark when you hit water, expecially at high voltage.

Fuel + Air + Spark = explosion.

I know thats the idea, but these Cells usually use DC becuase the voltage is low enough not to spark, and the H2 is creates in 1 place and can be safely piped away.

Can you give me a better idea of exactly what you want to do? If it's not based on a crackpot idea i'll give you all the help I can, i'm afraid I won't give you help on something that has a good chance of blowing you up.

6. Jul 5, 2010 #5
    page2.2.gif

This is probably the best way to describe what I want to do.

Please refrain from quips about blowing myself up and running cars on water -- this is purely experimental investigation and all I ask is that if you enjoy sharing your knowledge as a forum member then I gratefully accept.

In summary:]
    DC pulse packets are applied to an isolated step up transformer. The resonance attained by tuning the frequency of the circuit to equalize the capacitive reactance with the inductive reactance brings impedance close to zero, by synchronizing the phases of current as they bounce back and forth between the magnetic field of the coil and the electrostatic field of the water fuel cell. New pulses are timed to perfectly coincide with the signal at its peak magnetic charge. Voltage across the electrodes skyrockets enabling an electrostatic dissociation of the water molecule H2O into HHO gas. The circuit is attenuated so that the water molecule elasticizes repeatedly before dissociation, the negative O atom pulling towards the positive electrode, while the positive H atoms pull toward the negative electrode. This oscillation makes the molecule easier to dissociate.
    This could be a revolutionary method of hydrogen production but I need to iron out all the details. Any holes in the theory?

7. Jul 5, 2010 #6

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Conservation of energy.

Sorry, we don't do perpetual motion machines here. Thread locked.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook