What's the Best Way to Rekindle Your Love for Science as a Hobby?

• Thread starter chaoseverlasting
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hi
In summary, there are various ways to reignite your love for science as a hobby, such as exploring new topics, attending lectures or workshops, or conducting experiments at home. If you have lost interest in science, you can try to rediscover it by reflecting on past interests and seeking out mentorship or connecting with others who share your passion. There are also numerous resources available, including online courses and tutorials, books and magazines, and science museums and centers. To make time for your hobby, consider setting aside a specific day or time each week or incorporating science into your daily routine. Pursuing science as a hobby can have many benefits, such as improving critical thinking skills, expanding knowledge and understanding, and providing a creative outlet and opportunities for networking
chaoseverlasting
Hi Guys,

I used to be fairly active on PF during my engineering days, but went on to get an MBA in post grad.

I'm working in consumer goods marketing now, but miss math and the sciences. Anyway, I'm trying to get back into the sciences, perhaps not professionally, but as a hobby (a very very tall order, I know) and couldn't think of a better place to start again than PF.

A shout out to Evo, Danger, Astronuc, Mathwonk, and all the great people who make PF such a great place.

Cheers!

Chaos

Likes lisab, Evo and Borek
Physics news on Phys.org
chaoseverlasting said:
Hi Guys,

I used to be fairly active on PF during my engineering days, but went on to get an MBA in post grad.

I'm working in consumer goods marketing now, but miss math and the sciences. Anyway, I'm trying to get back into the sciences, perhaps not professionally, but as a hobby (a very very tall order, I know) and couldn't think of a better place to start again than PF.

A shout out to Evo, Danger, Astronuc, Mathwonk, and all the great people who make PF such a great place.

Cheers!

Chaos
CHAOS! WB! I think about you now and then. So glad that you're back and doing well.

Likes chaoseverlasting
Evo said:
CHAOS! WB! I think about you now and then. So glad that you're back and doing well.
I'm glad to be back!

And I have a new appreciation for PF now that even the (once) simple problems in physics and mathematics leave me confounded :woot::-p

I'll be hitting the homework forums in full swing! Who knows, I might even find some of my old posts useful!

It's great to see everyone is still up and active!

How are you all doing?

Doing well. Really happy you are back, so many old members have moved on with their lives. Me, I have no life. :H

Evo said:
Doing well. Really happy you are back, so many old members have moved on with their lives. Me, I have no life. :H

I've dropped in on PF from time to time, but haven't had anything to post really.

Have been working in a fairly involved job in consumer goods marketing in India, and doing well in general. However, over the last year or so, I've felt a bit disconnected.

I used to love spending time doing math/physics/chemistry and somehow just missed it.

How have you been?

It's amazing there are so many members from back then who are still active and contributing!

chaoseverlasting said:
I've dropped in on PF from time to time, but haven't had anything to post really.

Have been working in a fairly involved job in consumer goods marketing in India, and doing well in general. However, over the last year or so, I've felt a bit disconnected.
Well, you're always welcome here.

Honestly, it's great being back.

I decided to give the old books another shot. It's surprising how much I remember and how much has just slipped out of reach.

It's trying, but fun figuring all these old things out. It's like meeting old friends again, exactly like being back on PF!

1. How can I rekindle my love for science as a hobby?

There are many ways to reignite your passion for science as a hobby. One way is to explore new topics or areas of science that you haven't delved into before. You can also attend science lectures or workshops, join a science-related club or group, or even conduct your own experiments at home.

2. I used to love science as a child, but now I've lost interest. How can I get back into it?

It's common for interests to change as we grow older, but that doesn't mean you can't rediscover your love for science. Start by reflecting on why you enjoyed science in the past and try to find activities or projects that align with those interests. You can also seek out mentorship or connect with others who share your passion for science.

3. What are some resources or tools that can help me get back into science as a hobby?

There are many resources available to help you get back into science as a hobby. Online platforms such as YouTube, Coursera, and Khan Academy offer free science courses and tutorials. You can also visit your local library or bookstore to find books or magazines on science topics that interest you. Additionally, science museums and centers often have interactive exhibits and workshops for adults.

4. I have a busy schedule. How can I make time for science as a hobby?

Finding time for hobbies can be challenging, but it's important to prioritize activities that bring you joy. Consider setting aside a specific day or time each week dedicated to your science hobby. You can also look for ways to incorporate science into your daily routine, such as listening to science podcasts during your commute or reading science articles during your lunch break.

5. What are some benefits of pursuing science as a hobby?

There are many benefits to pursuing science as a hobby. It can improve critical thinking skills, expand your knowledge and understanding of the world, and provide a creative outlet for self-expression. Science hobbies also offer opportunities for networking and connecting with like-minded individuals. Additionally, engaging in science as a hobby can bring a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction as you learn and discover new things.