Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hi! Help with shell balance

1. Nov 27, 2007 #1
    hi all!

is there anybody who can help me with shell balance?
    one of my main questions is wat are the main assumptions wen we apply shell balance....
    moreover.. can anybody suggest a gud book or site/tutorial wer i can get a hang of shell balance properly?

thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 27, 2007 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Is this for a Fluid Mechanics course? Have you been assigned a textbook? (Which one?)

4. Nov 28, 2007 #3

stewartcs

Science Advisor

5. Nov 30, 2007 #4
    chemical recations engg

oh ya forgot bout that... regarding chemical kinetics... i'm using frooment n bischoff... but not of much help.... i tried google..didnt help..

6. Dec 4, 2007 #5

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Where exactly are you trying to apply a shell balance in reaction engineering and what are you applying it to? The chemical species which are consumed in a reactor with a specified geometry (ie, plug-flow, cstr, etc)?

I think your initial question is too broad to give any meaningful assistance. If you're stuck in something specific, like a derivation or question, post that here and it'll be easier to help.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?