What are some helpful recommendations for using Physics Forums?

• Thread starter zhangfs
  • Start date
zhangfs
I am a postgraduate student in China. I study Particle Physics but have a bachelor's degree in Biology. I hope I can gain helpful informations from this excellent platform.

Physics news on Phys.org
Wow, where did you study? I'm now studying physics in USTC, and I'm somewhat interested in particle physics (you know, SM, GUT, those sort of things is pretty exciting), but my major is astrophysics. I'm also a Chinese student, of course. It's really nice to know there are other Chinese here.

Likes zhangfs
GW150914 said:
Wow, where did you study? I'm now studying physics in USTC, and I'm somewhat interested in particle physics (you know, SM, GUT, those sort of things is pretty exciting), but my major is astrophysics. I'm also a Chinese student, of course. It's really nice to know there are other Chinese here.
I am studying neutrino data analysis in Kunming. I am also interested in GUT but I can't study it until I have enough knowledge.

zhangfs said:
I am studying neutrino data analysis in Kunming. I am also interested in GUT but I can't study it until I have enough knowledge.
Kunming is a nice place, much better than Hefei. It's weather and air quality is awesome. It's seems that it's always spring in the whole year in Kunming.

GW150914 said:
Kunming is a nice place, much better than Hefei. It's weather and air quality is awesome. It's seems that it's always spring in the whole year in Kunming.
Actually it is. I am new here. Do you have some recommendations?

zhangfs said:
Actually it is. I am new here. Do you have some recommendations?
Sorry but last time I went to Kunming I was in kindergarten...lol

GW150914 said:
Sorry but last time I went to Kunming I was in kindergarten...lol
Oh, I am sorry. I have asked a misleading question. I want to ask if you have some recommendations about the Physics Forums. : )

zhangfs said:
Oh, I am sorry. I have asked a misleading question. I want to ask if you have some recommendations about the Physics Forums. : )
Well I can' t help you on this either, because I' m even newer than you are :)

GW150914 said:
Well I can' t help you on this either, because I' m even newer than you are :)
Aha, thanks either.

zhangfs said:
I want to ask if you have some recommendations about the Physics Forums. : )
Just hover over "INFO" at the top right of the page, and select "Help/How-To". There is a lot of helpful information there about how to use the PF. I'll go ahead and close this Introduction thread for now.

Enjoy the PF! :smile:

Likes zhangfs

1. What is the best way to search for information on Physics Forums?

The best way to search for information on Physics Forums is to use the search bar at the top of the page. You can enter keywords related to your topic and browse through the results to find relevant discussions and posts.

2. How can I ensure that my question is answered on Physics Forums?

To increase the chances of your question being answered on Physics Forums, make sure to provide clear and specific details about your problem or topic. Also, try to use appropriate tags and post your question in the most relevant forum section.

3. Are there any guidelines for posting on Physics Forums?

Yes, there are guidelines for posting on Physics Forums. Make sure to read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting. These guidelines include rules about language, behavior, and content that are expected to be followed by all members.

4. Can I use Physics Forums to get help with my homework or assignments?

Physics Forums is a community for discussing and learning about physics, but it is not a place to get answers to homework or assignment questions. It is important to work on your assignments independently and use Physics Forums as a resource for understanding concepts and discussing problems.

5. How can I contribute to the community on Physics Forums?

There are many ways to contribute to the community on Physics Forums. You can share your knowledge and expertise by answering questions, participating in discussions, and providing helpful resources. You can also report any issues or violations of the forum rules to help maintain a positive and informative environment for all members.