Hi I posted a new theory and it seems to be gone.

• Thread starter JamesTownsend
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around a user who posted a personal theory called the Pyramid model on a physics discussion forum, and is now unable to find it. The conversation delves into the rules of the forum, which prohibit the posting of personal theories, and the importance of discussing mainstream science. The user is reminded of their agreement to follow the rules upon joining the forum and is advised to read the rules again. The conversation ends with the thread being locked.
JamesTownsend
Hi I posted a theory called the Pyramid model and now I can't find it. Is this website only for PhD's or something?

Physics news on Phys.org
I guess free thinking is not allowed on this website.

A) You agreed not to post personal theories when you joined. What does that say about your word?
B) "Free thinking" usually means "the product of a mind uncontaminated by facts"

What does it say about my word? I didn't agree not to post new theories. Why else would you even have a physics discussion forum if not to talk about physics? BTW physics is not factual, it is theoretical, and obviously the current model is wrong.

• Haha
  • Sad
Likes weirdoguy and Vanadium 50
You agreed to follow the rules when you joined.

JamesTownsend said:
BTW physics is not factual, it is theoretical,

Hahahahahahah.

Likes russ_watters
Yeah OK it's all factual. That's why quantum mechanics, string theory, Newtonian physics and general relativity all disagree with each other.

• Sad
Likes weirdoguy
JamesTownsend said:
I didn't agree not to post new theories.
Yes you did. You agreed to the PF rules as part of joining here, and the rules are explicit about no personal theories. You can re-read the Rules under INFO at the top of the page. Here is a small quote:
Greg Bernhardt said:
Short Summary:

Most of the guidelines are common sense and basic courtesy. Other special guidelines are the following:

• We wish to discuss mainstream science. That means only topics that can be found in textbooks or that have been published in reputable journals.
You are welcome to join in the discussions about mainstream science here -- there is a lot that you can learn from the PF.

This thread is locked.

JamesTownsend said:
Hi I posted a theory called the Pyramid model and now I can't find it. Is this website only for PhD's or something?
You also were sent a private message (which you replied to, so we’re reasonably sure you saw it) explaining that the post had been removed because it violated the forum rule requiring that new theories have been published in an appropriate journal before posting here.

We have many threads explaining the rationale for this rule, which is based on more than a decade of moderation experience.

We also have many threads explaining what it takes to get a paper published.

What could have caused my theory to disappear?

There could be a few reasons for this. It is possible that there was a technical issue or glitch that caused your theory to be removed. It is also possible that your theory did not meet the guidelines or standards of the platform, and was therefore removed by a moderator.

Can I retrieve my theory?

If your theory was removed due to a technical issue, it may be possible to retrieve it. However, if it was removed by a moderator for not meeting guidelines, it is unlikely that you will be able to retrieve it.

What can I do to prevent this from happening in the future?

Make sure to carefully read and follow the guidelines and standards of the platform when posting a theory. Additionally, double check for any technical issues before submitting your theory.

Is there a way to appeal the removal of my theory?

If you believe that your theory was removed unfairly or due to a misunderstanding, you may be able to appeal the decision. Contact the platform's support team for more information on the appeals process.

Should I repost my theory?

If your theory was removed due to not meeting guidelines or standards, it is not recommended to repost it. However, if it was removed due to a technical issue, you may choose to repost it. Just make sure to address any issues that may have caused it to be removed in the first place.