1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hi!I'm a freshman at IIT,Kanpur and wish to intern/work on a

1. Mar 12, 2011 #1
    Hi!
    I'm a freshman at IIT,Kanpur and wish to intern/work on a research project this summer.I'm a metallurgical engineering major but want to work on something related to computer vision(Real time object modelling,maybe),or swarm robotics,and/or neural networks this summer.I've learnt about these things since high school(by learnt I mean books,video lectures and lots of IEEE papers).I've read about programs at Carnegie Mellon,Willow garage,etc.How should I go about this?Should I be finding out professors in universities and emailing them?Or should I be searching for programs?Also,what exactly does a professor want to hear to even consider my application for research/internship(whether I should be emailing only people who are involved in such programs)?
    thanks
    dv

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted