Is there a connection between spirituality and physics?

• Thread starter Marleen Renders
  • Start date
In summary, spirituality and physics have been explored by many philosophers and scientists throughout history, with some arguing for a strong connection and others dismissing any correlation. However, recent studies have shown that there may be a link between the two, as both deal with the fundamental questions of existence and the nature of reality. Some theories suggest that consciousness plays a role in the behavior of subatomic particles, blurring the lines between the spiritual and physical realms. Ultimately, the connection between spirituality and physics remains a topic of ongoing debate and exploration.
Marleen Renders
Hello there!

My name is Marleen, and I signed up here because I had a specific physics question, and thought it better to ask it here than on Facebook ;-)

I come from an artistic background, my mother being a modern artist and my father an art historian. I myself had a pretty technical secondary school education, with maths, physics, chemistry and information sciences at the highest level available here in secondary school in the Netherlands. I then went on to study illustration in art school, where I forgot about all I learned from those subjects pretty quickly and struggled with being an artist coming from a scientific background.

I failed miserably at being a good art school student (having perfectionist traits, this is probably just my interpretation, not the actual truth). Because of my internal and external struggles, I started looking for more in life and in my 2nd and 3rd year in art school, I got very intrigued with meditation and spirituality and went on a personal journey to discover who I am.

Now, 5 years later, I'm starting to work as a coach/guide and bodyworker, giving touch sessions to help people connect to themselves and their bodies, as well as helping people learn tools for their conscious mind. It is a very fulfilling thing to do.

I feel that spirituality is not in opposition of physics, but that the two go together very well. However, I do like to remain skeptical when people make pseudo-scientific claims. I tend to think about those claims for myself first.

My personality is quite reserved, as I like to get a feel and overview of the situation first before I meddle in it. Psychologically, in the Meyers-Briggs test, I classify as an INFP, with a lot of INTP traits.

I love learning new things and don't mind my ideas and assumptions being challenged and disproven. Therefore think I'll feel pretty at home on these forums. Though I will probably only post when I have a specific scientific question I'm pondering, which isn't very often.Wishing you a lovely day!
Marleen.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to Physics Forum, Marleen. I have a similar educational background to you.We are all on a roller-coaster, somewhat, of the learning experience
called "Life"

Last edited: