Hi I'm new here

Hello everyone. I'm a 17 year old highschool student (grade 12) and I like math and computer programming :smile:

Welcome to the jungle, man

marlon

honestrosewater

Gold Member
Welcome to PF, Grotesque Puppet!!!!!!11 :biggrin:

Do you have plans for after high school yet?

Welcome to the asylum, please don't feed the inmates, and watch out for the penguins.

honestrosewater said:
Welcome to PF, Grotesque Puppet!!!!!!11 :biggrin:

Do you have plans for after high school yet?
College, Definately computer science...Thanks for that colourful welcome

Last edited:

honestrosewater

Gold Member
Grotesque Puppet said:
Definately computer science...Thanks for that colourful welcome
Cool, there's some computer scientists lurking around here in the shadows (they're averse to sunlight, you know :smile:).

hehe, I know...My bedroom is void of sunlight

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Here's a picture for you from the welcome days at Bowling Green State University:

http://www.bgsu.edu/colleges/as/pcc/image/Welcome%20Days%20'01%20Picnic%202.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one question for you:

Are you a leafs fan?

Its like I'm a baby looking upward from my crib

I don't like hockey in general, but I like the leafs

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
What's the big deal with Leafs fans? The people you should be getting on are Mighty Ducks fans.

Grotesque Puppet said:
Its like I'm a baby looking upward from my crib

I don't like hockey in general, but I like the leafs

Get out.
Just kidding! I couldn't care less.

Grotesque Puppet said:
Hello everyone. I'm a 17 year old highschool student (grade 12) and I like math and computer programming :smile:
Grade 12? Oh, our China highschools only have 6 grades, and Hong Kong only has 7 grades, that is amazing.

yu_wing_sin said:
Grade 12? Oh, our China highschools only have 6 grades, and Hong Kong only has 7 grades, that is amazing.
I think this is a miscommunication. Our 'Highschools' only have 4 grades, grades 1-8 are elementary and middle school.

What's the system in China like?

Smurf said:
I think this is a miscommunication. Our 'Highschools' only have 4 grades, grades 1-8 are elementary and middle school.

What's the system in China like?
Oh, sorry. I am careless. It should be China secondary schools have 6 grades, and Hong Kong has 6 grades.
Oh, I know why now. But our Chinese don't count the grades with other degree school. Our Hong Kong has 6 grades primary school, 7 grades secondary school and 3 grades university now.

We did have grade 13 here, but now you only have to go to grade 12...I'm staying for grade 13 though, I want some extra credits

yu_wing_sin said:
Oh, sorry. I am careless. It should be China secondary schools have 6 grades, and Hong Kong has 6 grades.
Oh, I know why now. But our Chinese don't count the grades with other degree school. Our Hong Kong has 6 grades primary school, 7 grades secondary school and 3 grades university now.
Yeah, we count them all together Kindergarden is pre-school. Then 12 grades of Elementary, Secondary and High school. Then whatever College, University degree you get.

Right, and in some places there are 13 grades.... it's stupid, don't ask.

marlon said:
Welcome to the jungle
Yeah, it gets worse here everyday.

Lisa!

Gold Member
Welcome to PF and have a nice time.

Thankyou for the warm welcome everyone :biggrin: