Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hi, I'm new. (student)

1. Nov 29, 2007 #1
    Hello, I just joined the forum 10 minutes ago. I found the site by searching Google for calculus forums. I'm a student, and looking for homework help. When I say help, I mean *I do my homework, then I ask for help and for folks to catch mistakes if any. I read the guidelines and intend to stay within the guidelines...and post in the apropriate homework forums only.

My math situation is my teacher NEVER collects homework, so I recieve almost no feedback until I take an exam... well maybe I'm exagerating a bit, cause he is actually a very nice guy. Anyway, is this the forum for me, or should I move along and find a math based forum?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 29, 2007 #2

turbo

Gold Member

You'll find a lot of helpful people here, and with your attitude, you'll do well. Welcome.

4. Nov 29, 2007 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF RogerDodgr!!! You have definitely found the right forum. You will find excellent help here.

5. Nov 29, 2007 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome RogerDodger, and yep, you're definitely in the right place! :smile:

6. Nov 29, 2007 #5
    Hi! Welcome to PF!

Pssst. Evo. The slap.

7. Nov 29, 2007 #6

Astronuc

8. Nov 29, 2007 #7

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Welcome! Enjoy your stay! With your attitude, you should get a lot out of the homework help forums.

9. Nov 29, 2007 #8

Danger

Gold Member

Welcome to PF, Roger.
    I have zero math ability, so I won't be of any help to you, but others here are incredible teachers and will encourage you and spur you on to extents that you probably can't imagine until you've experienced it. This is definitely the right place for you. By the way that you worded your introduction, I suspect that you will probably be very valuable as a homework helper to the younger crowd. Remember that the PF membership ranges from pre-teens and up. If you're into calculus, you can certainly be of help to a kid trying to figure out algebra.
    Incidentally, if you wonder about your post count, relax. Posts in GD aren't counted.

10. Nov 30, 2007 #9
    If Evo won't pull out that fish, I will.

11. Nov 30, 2007 #10

Evo

I think we lost him before we even got to the fish. :frown:

12. Nov 30, 2007 #11
    Awwwww.

13. Nov 30, 2007 #12

Danger

Gold Member

It's your fault, MJ. You whispered too loudly. Use a lighter font next time. :tongue:

14. Nov 30, 2007 #13

Evo

Oh, go ahead Math Jeans, fish slap him, just for the halibut. :tongue:

15. Nov 30, 2007 #14

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, go ahead, Math Jeans. It's good practice.

16. Nov 30, 2007 #15
    There is a lesson we must learn, NEVER create introductory threads...

17. Nov 30, 2007 #16

Evo

No one that does ever lasts. :redface: It's the ones that sneak in unannounced that last.

18. Nov 30, 2007 #17
    Exactly... :rofl::rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?