Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hi, I'm new to physics forums.

1. Jun 12, 2012 #1
    Hi my names DocHoliday.

I see how many very insightful and well written pieces you guys have had on numerous problems and thus have decided to join the forums. A Large Thanks to the whole community is in order as you have helped me through a few things without me even being a member!

I'm currently studying in college about 24/7 as this subject, along with my math, comes very hard to me.

If this is the wrong place for this post, I would kindly ask a moderator to move it to the correct section. I looked for an introduction section but was unable to locate it.

Thanks for reading,
    DocHoliday

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 12, 2012 #2

Danger

Gold Member

This is, indeed, the right place. Welcome to PF, Doc.
    Go easy on the nitrous oxide, leave your shotgun at home, and dive in. :biggrin:
    Please advise us as to what sort of fish you favour.

4. Jun 12, 2012 #3
    Thanks for the welcome. After getting my associates in computer science, I am now taking calculus 2 and 3 over the summer along with the first basic physics sequence. I have no clue what I want to study yet, although my B.S. will be in astrophysics.

To graduate in 2015 I have to do astrophysics, otherwise it will take me until 2016 to get physics because of 1 class difference. I still am doing all the physics courses I can take as an undergrad except 1, advanced physics lab.

I have no clue what I want to study yet, although I would love to go to graduate school. I attend Michigan State University.

5. Jun 12, 2012 #4

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Got any favorite fish (or whale)??

6. Jun 12, 2012 #5
    Halibut :D But probably theoretical work with plasma physics. Although nuclear physics very much interests me also.

I hope through this site and a few more classes I can find something about physics I will enjoy above others. Otherwise for now I've always loved math and I enjoy the problem solving of all physics equations very much.

7. Jun 12, 2012 #6

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

*Smacks a HUGE, floppy halibut onto DocHoliday's nose (and, accidentally, on the rest of his body**)*

You are now PROPERLY introduced, and welcomed at PF! :approve:

** It's not MY fault you chose a halibut. I chose a sardine..

8. Jun 12, 2012 #7

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome to PF DocHoliday. Here's a little fish to slap you with from me.

worlds_smallest_fish2.jpg

You're going to love it here.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook