Equilibrium on Incline: Solving for Fn with Fg and Θ | 3.80 kg Block | N Units

• Thread starter KB94
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum Hi
In summary, a 3.80 kg block is in equilibrium on an incline of 38.4 degrees with an acceleration of gravity of 9.81 m/s^2. The question is asking for the normal force of the incline on the block, which can be found using the equations FgsinΘ=mgsinΘ and FgcosΘ=mgcosΘ. The correct answer is 29.21 N. There may have been a mistake in the calculation process, as the student initially got an incorrect answer of 28.49 N.
KB94

Homework Statement

A 3.80 kg block is in equilibrium on an incline
of 38.4◦.
The acceleration of gravity is 9.81 m/s2 .
What is Fn of the incline on the block?
Answer in units of N.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

FgsinΘ=mgsinΘ=3.8*9.81*sin38.4°=24.04
FgcosΘ=mgcosΘ=3.8*9.81*cos38.4°=28.49

This is from an online assignment. The second equation should've given me the correct value, but when I input the answer, the system tells me it's incorrect. Could anyone enlighten me on this situation? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Please I would appreciate a quick reply. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
I get 29.21.

Oh hehe I must've made a mistake while calculating. Thank you very much. It's correct.

KB94 said:
FgsinΘ=mgsinΘ=3.8*9.81*sin38.4°=24.04
FgcosΘ=mgcosΘ=3.8*9.81*cos38.4°=28.49

I get the same as ideasrule. You have both of your answers off, so there must be something wrong with the way you are typing them into the calculator.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by FgcosΘ=mgcosΘ. What is Fg? You should probably write it as:

F=mgcosΘ

What is the purpose of a forum?

The purpose of a forum is to provide a platform for individuals to discuss and share information on a particular topic or community of interest.

How do I navigate and use the forum?

To navigate the forum, use the main menu or search bar to find different categories and topics. To participate in discussions, click on a topic and then click "reply" to add your comment.

What are the guidelines for posting on the forum?

Each forum may have their own specific guidelines, but in general, be respectful, stay on topic, and avoid spamming or posting inappropriate content. Make sure to read and follow the forum's rules before posting.

Can I ask for help or advice on the forum?

Yes, many forums allow users to ask for help or advice on a topic. However, make sure to provide enough context and details in your post to receive helpful responses.

Is there a way to connect with other forum members?

Yes, many forums have features such as private messaging or user profiles that allow you to connect with other members. You can also participate in discussions and interact with other users through comments and replies.